Can I retain my original upload dates if I move videos from one channel to another

Benie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The title says it all. My current channel is my main one. I want to get a second one going, but I also want to be able to possibly change the date I uploaded the videos (when I have to download them and then re-upload to the second channel) to the dates I had them last.
I want it to be like I've had that channel for a long time (as long as I started doing videos).

Is it possible, or am I out of luck and it's best to just keep everything the way it is now?

Ninja

Professional Funny Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
You can't change upload dates on videos, it will always date them for when you uploaded them. The best you could do would be putting the original upload date in the title or description.

Benie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hmm. That would work. Thanks for this advice.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nope, they will have new upload dates! But why go trough all that effort? Sick of your old channel name or something?

Benie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
@TheDutchTexan: No. It's not the fact I'm bored with my current channel. I just would like to be able to not use my main channel for videos, and have the second channel for it instead.