Can I place ads on my site, whose content includes monetised YouTube videos I created?

Therapidia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi everyone!

Just wondering if the above is an issue.

The purpose of having my site as well as a YouTube channel is to give further in-depth information about my instructional videos (therapeutic exercises for hospital patients), as well as including a feature that allows therapists to send these exercises to their patients.

Thanks!

Therapidia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Just a bit of clarification, as I am getting an error when I edit the above message:

I want my content to be 100% free for all patients (nothing 'for sale' / behind a paywall) as I know there are many patients with no money who cannot access sufficient rehabilitation after they have an accident. But in exchange I need to monetise the YouTube video content. And if/when my channel & site gets more momentum, I may possible try to add a bit of extra income by including healthcare related ads on my site. If this is allowed...

Thanks!

Trippst3r

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I recall reading in a few places that this is perfectly fine. I am no legal professional, nor would I be comfortable saying it for certain, but I don't see it as being an issue if it's your content anyways (I assume it is yours). Even if it weren't yours, I can't see how it would be different from having a blog, for example, that features content from other creators.

Therapidia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
From what I've been told, aggregating someone else's content to your site then placing ads on that as a workaround so that you profit from someone else's work is a big no-no in the YouTube terms and conditions.

But I don't know that if they differentiate what is my content (with ads external to YouTube) versus someone else's. I have my website linked to my channel (so that I can link to the website in my video outro via annotations) but I don't know if YouTube sees this as sufficient proof that the site is mine and I am not stealing from others?

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think you need to connect the website to adsense, to put ads on it I guess.
I see it that if it´s your content and your website, then it´s fine, but if it´s some way other peoples content, then you you should be careful!