Can I monetize my youtube channel with this type of content?

HiTech Central

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Since I have almost 1k subs I am thinking about monetizing my youtube channel but I don't know if I will get approval with my content. A few of my videos are getting copyright claim for sound but I have no strikes. What do you think?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Time will tell mate. Once you have reached the required milestones; apply.
And then keep your fingers and your toes crossed for positive outcome.

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think with youtube you can edit out the copyrighted music and replace it with their copyright free music if you want. It has been awhile since I have done that though. Maybe look it up or something how to do that. But I know for sure you can edit out the music that is copyright and it removes the claim within an hour of doing that.

HiTech Central

Reaction score
Unfortunately it is not possible. Whenever I tryed to change a copyrighted portion of my video it mutes the rest of the audio track. The only option is to replace the entire audio track and it is not feasible in my case. Some other suggestions? Thank you!

BossHogg FGF

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Unfortunately it is not possible. Whenever I tryed to change a copyrighted portion of my video it mutes the rest of the audio track. The only option is to replace the entire audio track and it is not feasible in my case. Some other suggestions? Thank you!
How much of the content, minutes wise, has copyrighted material in it? If the video can survive without the audio then just take it out completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Removing all copyrighted audio and replacing it with non-copyrighted audio is the only solution that will stop you getting in trouble. If you want to do YouTube long-term, then it's essential you follow the rules right from the start. If it were me, I'd delete all videos with copyrighted audio and make the video again with non-copyrighted audio and reupload. Yes, you will lose the views, but you will be following the rules and you will have peace of mind.

HiTech Central

Reaction score
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Removing all copyrighted audio and replacing it with non-copyrighted audio is the only solution that will stop you getting in trouble. If you want to do YouTube long-term, then it's essential you follow the rules right from the start. If it were me, I'd delete all videos with copyrighted audio and make the video again with non-copyrighted audio and reupload. Yes, you will lose the views, but you will be following the rules and you will have peace of mind.
If I will do that I will be way above those 4k minutes required for monetization. I think I will change the entire audio for those videos. Does anybody know why I can't change only the copyrighted part of my video with noncopyrighted songs from YouTube's library.

HiTech Central

Reaction score
I think I will cut those parts affected by copyright with YouTube's trim tool since that is the only one working. Thank you for your help! I will inform you if my channel will be approved for monetization.

Reactions: BossHogg FGF