can i monetize gameplay vids?

General_Pskov

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
it depends wich game you play! For example Mojang (from minecraft) allows you to monetize your videos as long as you add something to it (like commentary). but Bethesda allows you to post it on youtube only when you are not earning money from it! so best you can do is sending the game makers an email with this question!

Reactions: Mod7amada

Mod7amada

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
it depends wich game you play! For example Mojang (from minecraft) allows you to monetize your videos as long as you add something to it (like commentary). but Bethesda allows you to post it on youtube only when you are not earning money from it! so best you can do is sending the game makers an email with this question!

Reactions: General_Pskov

Flammy

Shooting Down Idiots
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would recommend googling around a bit first such as "Mojang monetization" or "minecraft monetization" as that will often find you an answer significantly faster without bothering them via email.

Jaguar550

Not without Vakarian!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just what baskingner said it depends on the game! Some developers allows you to monetize video's(like Ubisoft content via Youtube partner progam).

Mod7amada

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I would recommend googling around a bit first such as "Mojang monetization" or "minecraft monetization" as that will often find you an answer significantly faster without bothering them via email.
omg u r flammy!!! i am a fan of urs :D i love all ur vids really!

Reactions: Flammy