Can i monetize a video if i use 7 seconds of a copyrighted song?

AndrewProductionsTV

Director | FilmMaker | Ranter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
In my new video i have a part where i use that song "#Selfie" for just about 7 seconds, im pretty sure i wont get any kind of claim for just 7 seconds, but will i actually be able to monetize it?

Reactions: PChanger

VenomRaptor

What?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
I believe that's within the parameters of fair use, but I'm not a lawyer.

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes, However you can't monetize it unless you want to be sued or pay the person all the money. :)
pff that will be the day when someone gets sued for that

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In my new video i have a part where i use that song "#Selfie" for just about 7 seconds, im pretty sure i wont get any kind of claim for just 7 seconds, but will i actually be able to monetize it?
I wouldn't, I think Youtube will pick the song up anyway and will not allow you to monetise it. Don't take my word for it though.

PChanger

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You could probably "get away" with monetizing it, but I would not recommend it. (However, if you can some how fit using it under "for education" or "for purposes of review", then go ahead and monetize it!) :D

~Luke

Pepijn

I've Got It
Reaction score
As far as I know you are allouwd to upload up to 3 seconds of copyrighted footage.