Can I Join An MCN With Private Copyrighted Videos?

Nick Haenny

I realize I've been getting rejected from networks partly because of a few videos with copyright notices on them. I don't want to delete them, so I was wondering if a network can see private videos if I give them the access they ask for. If they can, will they count the videos against me if they're private or unlisted?

I believe that they can see that you have copyright claims on your videos whether they are public or not.

They have access to private videos if you sign up. They do it just to check standards. If you look at your channel, it should tell you whether you're good or not with copyright, and community strikes :) I would delete the videos permanently if it keeps happening, or email your current mcn if your in one :)

The videos have copyright notices, but no strikes have come from that; they've just been monetized by their claimer. I've seen in a couple MCNs that they don't allow copyrighted videos at all, so I'm wondering if the fact that they have copyrighted stuff period is an issue, even if there's no strikes and I'm in good standing.

EDIT: So my question now is: is copyright notices gonna prevent me from joining MCNs even if there's no strikes on me, and I'm in good standing?

Last edited:
The videos have copyright notices, but no strikes have come from that; they've just been monetized by their claimer. I've seen in a couple MCNs that they don't allow copyrighted videos at all, so I'm wondering if the fact that they have copyrighted stuff period is an issue, even if there's no strikes and I'm in good standing.

EDIT: So my question now is: is copyright notices gonna prevent me from joining MCNs even if there's no strikes on me, and I'm in good standing?
The answer to your question is yes.

MCNs want to monetize your content so that they can take a cut of your earnings; they cannot do that if the videos are already monetized by a copyright claimant. In addition, YouTube's rules frown on any MCN who accepts third party copyrighted media into their Content Management section.

Back