Can i get monetization on channel again if some of my video games (gameplay) videos have music c-ID?

KFilipSRB

Reaction score
Monetization on my channel is disabled due to reused content. I deleted lyrics and other copyrighted videos, but don't know what to do about gameplays that have video game music dettected by content ID. Do I must to delete music from them, or it is OK now and I can reapply to YouTube partner program again?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the networks / monetization forum. :)

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, you'd need to get rid of any music that you do not have a legal right to use. Just because the game publisher has a right to use the music in their game doesn't mean you do.

KFilipSRB

Reaction score
Yes, you'd need to get rid of any music that you do not have a legal right to use. Just because the game publisher has a right to use the music in their game doesn't mean you do.
But if it is dettected by content ID, and all profit goes to copyright owner, isn't it fair?

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But if it is dettected by content ID, and all profit goes to copyright owner, isn't it fair?
The only reason the profit goes to the copyright owner is because that specific copyright owner has decided to do it that way. They could also opt to block your video worldwide, take you to court, sue your pants off, etc. You are completely in the wrong using any content that you do not have the legal right to use. Just because they are taking all the profits doesn't mean you now have permission to do it. They're doing that because they figure you have no assets to go after in court.

Theft is theft, no matter how you try to rationalize it. Stop stealing from other people.

Reactions: KFilipSRB