Can I direct my YT viewers to my videos on another site?

Lurky

Reaction score
Hi I am a creator and I am starting to gain a following.
I also post videos on another site, and I prefer the other site as I am more free to discuss subjects that youtube does not approve.
I would like to direct my Youtube viewers/subsribers to the other site, are there any YT rules about this? Would I get into trouble with youtube?
Would youtube take an action against my channel?

Thanks!

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
I believe that there's a rule that if your main goal is to drive people off of YouTube, you may get in trouble:

If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of YouTube and onto another site, it will likely violate our spam policies.

Reactions: Crown

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I believe that there's a rule that if your main goal is to drive people off of YouTube, you may get in trouble:

If the main purpose of your content is to drive people off of YouTube and onto another site, it will likely violate our spam policies.
But youtube never follows that rule, Rooster teeth did it with RvB, RWBY and many many youtubers asking for donations or going to Vidme.

Reactions: AllVisuals4U

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've heard that if you direct traffic from your videos to a site off of YouTube, the algorithm will eventually detect that traffic leaves the site when the video is watched, and the algorithm may stop promoting the video. I think it'd be better to try to use YouTube to market your stuff within YouTube.

Reactions: AllVisuals4U

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used google url shortener to direct people to other sites. But as above have mentioned - It goes against your algo as YT would prefer you direct your viewer to another part of YT instead of elsewhere

Reactions: KatyAdelson

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Other
May I ask what other platform you are using for these other videos?

I would err to recommend you make a custom website to promote your videos across both platforms rather than sending them from one to another.