Can Disabilities cause a serious problem of being a great youtuber?

Daniel Tran

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi everyone, this is my very first thread and i wanted to talk about something very important and i hope u guys can give me the best advice and tips, i know u guys can help me out and i am grateful that there is a site on here that helps youtubers lead to the right direction.

So recently i created this account about maybe a week or 2 weeks and i haven't been on it very much since i had youtube creator studios and some helping hand videos on youtube to show me the right path for my channel. but then after i started to worry about my channel it hasn't gained any subscribers for the past 2 weeks and that my views are getting low. but my likes are getting higher and i was happy but at the same time i was really concerned i kept saying to myself *what if it is my disability that keeps me from being more smarter or more consistent with my channel* i suffer from ADHD, OCD, and Anxiety Disorder and it is hard for me to think or be smart at something sometimes i get confused or don't know how to do things correctly and that it really scares me.

I'm asking your guys help if this is a big problem for me since i don't know if any famous youtuber has a disability and if they do i wonder how they got to where they are and how i can do it just like they did. i really need a helpful answer cause i really want this to turn out and i want my channel to be one of the best channels on youtube i'm not doing it for the fame i'm doing it to release my stress over my disorders and problems i'm having currently right now and that i've always wanted to travel the world and to collab with my favorite youtubers and be friends with them as well as celebrities so this is my chance to do something that can help me and to help my body as well.

Your Buddy Gas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Don't you worry, it's not your disability. It's just how YouTube is. One video is more succesfull and gives you more subs and another is less succesfull. Just keep doing what you want, add the right tags, promote your channel and you will grow bigger :)

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Google "Nick Vujicic".
One you read his life story, you can do anything

Film your videos on good days, and take breaks on your bad days. dont focus on colabs too much at the moment - especially when you are starting. Or you can colab with friends and people you trust

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
Ricky Berwick has half a million subs and 60+ million views. His videos are great. It's not the same flavor of your concern, but it shows that no matter what the creator is like, good content rises.

FIDGET SPINNERS REVIEW ↩ - Ricky Berwick
watch?v=dLgQsiZKAJ4

xxltnt

Check Spartans of Bass for the freshest bass music
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I have ADD myself, and i'm doing just fine!
Don't let s**t like that take you down mate, just keep doing what you love and don't focus to much on the numbers!

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
MicBergsma: 416k subs is deaf --> can't talk
Becky Jane Brown: 289k subs has a disorder of forcng herself to tear out her hairs --> is always bold or close to bold

Just two samples of people with big handycaps and yet super successful.

Daniel Tran

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Guys im kinda nervous like what if my channel isn't doing well cause i haven't gained any subscribers for the past 3 weeks and i'm starting to think it might stay that wait or maybe forever i'm super sorry if i sound greedy i'm not i'm trying to take my channel to the right path its like taking care of a cat and you want it to be healthy i need a favor can all of you check my channel and tell me in your honest opinion if their is any problems or maybe some improvements this will crucial since i will know what to do some please help. Thank you

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey there :). I don’t think so at all. I was recently diagnosed with borderline personality disorder but I have always struggled with severe social anxiety and I think I’m doing fine. Granted I’ve been on YT for less than a year. Your disadvantage doesn’t define you, how you make the best of it does :).

Brittneytaylorwg

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am not a famous youtuber, though i do suffer from obsessive compulsive personality disorder, severe generalized anxiety disorder, and possible adhd, and in the past selective mutism. they did and still do hold me back at times with my personal life struggles in my home and school life though have never affected my channel other than that.