Can covers earn you money from YouTube Monetization?

Shyam Sharma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey all,

I wanted to know whether cover songs of other artists (such as Eminem) that we do can earn us money from YouTube monetization.

Thanks for your suggestions and reply.

Thank you

Elpixion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends,
If you asked and they said so or if in the youtube music searcher thing it says they wont demonetize then yes there are some cases where they wont let you monetize at all (thats for vocal covers, almost always a full cover will be allowed)

Reactions: Shyam Sharma

Shyam Sharma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depends,
If you asked and they said so or if in the youtube music searcher thing it says they wont demonetize then yes there are some cases where they wont let you monetize at all (thats for vocal covers, almost always a full cover will be allowed)
Can you please tell me what a full cover means?

Shyam Sharma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
like vocals and instruments
Oh...okay because I read it online in some forum that you can't copy other people's songs and make a cover on it and earn money......do you have some reference to back it up?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh...okay because I read it online in some forum that you can't copy other people's songs and make a cover on it and earn money......do you have some reference to back it up?
You can make money off covers, but it's so little of what the original owners earn, that for me it was not viable. Check out this post - /threads/eligible-for-revenue-sharing-question.267864/#post-2230709 where I made explanation why I deleted all my covers, even if they were eligible for monetization and I was earning few cents off them.

Reactions: Shyam Sharma

Shyam Sharma

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can make money off covers, but it's so little of what the original owners earn, that for me it was not viable. Check out this post - /threads/eligible-for-revenue-sharing-question.267864/#post-2230709 where I made explanation why I deleted all my covers, even if they were eligible for monetization and I was earning few cents off them.
Oh...okay thanks.....dead on track :)