Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Can covers earn you money from YouTube Monetization?

Discussion in 'Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion' started by Shyam Sharma, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Shyam Sharma
    Cash:
    $21
    Hey all,

I wanted to know whether cover songs of other artists (such as Eminem) that we do can earn us money from YouTube monetization.

Thanks for your suggestions and reply.

Thank you

2. Elpixion
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $55
    Depends,
    If you asked and they said so or if in the youtube music searcher thing it says they wont demonetize then yes there are some cases where they wont let you monetize at all (thats for vocal covers, almost always a full cover will be allowed)

Shyam Sharma likes this.
  3. Shyam Sharma
    Cash:
    $21
    Can you please tell me what a full cover means?

4. Elpixion
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $55
    like vocals and instruments

Shyam Sharma likes this.
  5. Shyam Sharma
    Cash:
    $21
    Oh...okay because I read it online in some forum that you can't copy other people's songs and make a cover on it and earn money......do you have some reference to back it up?

6. Hirudov
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $233
    You can make money off covers, but it's so little of what the original owners earn, that for me it was not viable. Check out this post - /threads/eligible-for-revenue-sharing-question.267864/#post-2230709 where I made explanation why I deleted all my covers, even if they were eligible for monetization and I was earning few cents off them.

Shyam Sharma likes this.
  7. Shyam Sharma
    Cash:
    $21
    Oh...okay thanks.....dead on track :)