Can channel names be changed at anytime?

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can I change the name of my channel without having anything else being effected?:p I want to change my channel "BigSeanFace" to "BSF Videos".. Can I do this with no problems? :p Can anyone let me know please? :p Thanks in advance, Sean. :D

Steven&Cilla

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
You should be able to click on your picture on the top right of the YouTube home page and click on the "YouTube settings" right next you "Creator Studio". Right next to your channel name you should then be able to click on "Edit on Google". Hopefully this helps :)

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How many times can a channel change its name? As many as the owner wants? or is it limited? :p

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You can only change your name a few times through Google Plus before it makes you wait for a few months.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
How many times can a channel change its name? As many as the owner wants? or is it limited? :p
My channel is connected to my Google Plus account - unfortunately. And so recently I decided to change it from "Robert Angle" to "Robert Angle Vlogs" as this way people on Google Plus would still recognize me and then people on YouTube would recognize me as a content creator.

When I made the change, I saw a notification that I could only change my name up to 3 times per calendar year.

SeanFace101

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I thought there would have been some sort of limit on the number of times it can be changed if it was possible to change the channel name. :p Cool, cool, thanks for your replies. :D

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I thought there would have been some sort of limit on the number of times it can be changed if it was possible to change the channel name. :p Cool, cool, thanks for your replies. :D
how come I can't change my name? Even when I change google plus It doesn't change youtube name.

Franklin

Yugituber
Reaction score
Website
awesomecardgames.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Be aware your URL will not change. Think carefully before picking an URL as you will have it for life on YouTube.

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can change your name on Google+ BUT you will never change the meta details so people will be able to find you with your new name but your channel will always be associated with the old name

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
My channel is connected to my Google Plus account - unfortunately. And so recently I decided to change it from "Robert Angle" to "Robert Angle Vlogs" as this way people on Google Plus would still recognize me and then people on YouTube would recognize me as a content creator.

When I made the change, I saw a notification that I could only change my name up to 3 times per calendar year.
You would have created a new Google + page that carries your channel Name and branding and the link it to your channel

You would have simply created a new Google+ page that carries the channel name that you want and then link it to the channel. That way the page will carry your channel branding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dismal Bliss