Can anyone beat waiting since April to get remonetized?

SomewhereInWisconsin

Reaction score
Back story. My channel was monetized before the 1k/4k rule change last Feb 20th. Never had a strike or copyright infraction or anything. All my videos I posted were monetized.

I fell around 20 subscribers short of the 1k deadline and surpassed the 4k watch time significantly on February 20th.

Around the end of March or beginning of April my channel became eligible for monetization again. Reapplied immeadietly.

Still waiting, with no personal explanation as to why. Since APRIL!

I don't get it. Anyone been waiting longer than 8 months who was previously monetized?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
There are at least several posts a day on Google's own YouTube help group of people claiming to have been waiting that long. Generally, i assume the longer it takes, the less likely you are to approve. Most of those waiting that long really suck and are pretty useless channels.

Your problem could be that on all your videos you are using creative commons music as a significant part of the video, so you may find that is the reason it is taking so long and could be a reason for a rejection. ie 'duplication' 'reuse' - they tending not to monetize content that is not yours.

SomewhereInWisconsin

Reaction score
There are at least several posts a day on Google's own YouTube help group of people claiming to have been waiting that long. Generally, i assume the longer it takes, the less likely you are to approve. Most of those waiting that long really suck and are pretty useless channels.

Your problem could be that on all your videos you are using creative commons music as a significant part of the video, so you may find that is the reason it is taking so long and could be a reason for a rejection. ie 'duplication' 'reuse' - they tending not to monetize content that is not yours.
Hmm. That would be unfortunate. I feel like most of my vids have a short 15-30 second clip of music with a highlight of the video, and then a 15-30 second outro clip of music with my outro. I have used a few full songs on my channels welcome video and a season wrap up video, but mostly it's me talking.

Thank you for the insight. I appreciate it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Waiting is a big problem if you want to get in touch with YT. I think patience is the keyword here:)

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I can't share links but the YouTube channel Creators Insiders (people from YT making videos) addressed that issue in their last News Flash video

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
8 months wait and counting. Wow that is really bad.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
and this is the damn problem with Youtube, along with many other things. 8 months without any explanation or anyone to talk to is unacceptable. I hope things work out eventually.

Eric Parker

Reaction score
Some people have been waiting since the process initially went down in November 2017, most of them were cleared recently though. If you've been waiting that long, you've been held for secondary review, or you've fallen below the 4k watch hour requirement which has delayed your application / reset it.