can a youtuber upload copyright videos on youtube without monetizing?

dashboard

Reaction score
one of my friend wants to grow his channel with some subscribers uploading some interesting videos uploaded by other without monetizing. so can i do so or not? he knows the revenue goes to real owner of video but he will get some subscribers too.
my question is will he get any copyright strikes or will my video taken down with content id claim?
please not that he had recently uploaded one copyrighted video and immediately he received a mail saying
(
("This is just a heads up
Don’t worry. You’re not in trouble and your account standing is not affected by this.

There are either ads running on your video, with the revenue going to the copyright owner, or the copyright owner is receiving stats about your video’s views.")

so is this a case for all copyrighted videos that he uploads like previous or some video owner may take action to take video down?
hope i will get right advice/
regards

Last edited:

Sin B

2017 blows
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
" I want to upload videos uploaded by others to get subs"

Well if you ask me, which you technically did, that sounds like a horrible way to grow a channel. Will only get hate and depending what you're uploading that's just content theft.

Trailers and music and s**t like that I guess you could gamble with, still not the smartest idea, but people do it. But actual content others make, terrible idea.

Devin

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
one of my friend wants to grow his channel with some subscribers uploading some interesting videos uploaded by other without monetizing. so can i do so or not? he knows the revenue goes to real owner of video but he will get some subscribers too.
my question is will he get any copyright strikes or will my video taken down with content id claim?
please not that he had recently uploaded one copyrighted video and immediately he received a mail saying
(
("This is just a heads up
Don’t worry. You’re not in trouble and your account standing is not affected by this.

There are either ads running on your video, with the revenue going to the copyright owner, or the copyright owner is receiving stats about your video’s views.")

so is this a case for all copyrighted videos that he uploads like previous or some video owner may take action to take video down?
hope i will get right advice/
regards
That's not exactly a good way to get subscribers. He could possibly get strikes.

G-Legend

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You wont really grow by doing that, especially if the videos you are stealing belongs to a bigger YouTuber. You'll probably get copyright strikes and after 3 of those your out of your account. Be careful with that..

Reactions: Devin and dashboard

Tuurngait Gaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's a scummy way to grow, but we can't tell you what you can and can't do. If you get copyright striked or sued then it's your problem bud.

Mello Fello's

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Bro that's a pretty shifty way of gaining subs, like the others here say, you'll only get hate. It's much less scummy to make your own originals videos and spam the s**t out of other channels and websites.

Although t that method is still shifty, it's just not as bad as uploading other videos

ColbzVlogz

YouTube sensation
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Uploading copyrighted videos doesn't get you recognized because more then one channel usually does that. Try to be original and creative, THATS what will get you noticed.