Can a website help your channel?

TwoHippo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi,
I was thinking: what if i built a website with SEO approach connected to my channel, where i can write anything related to the work on my channel. If i make videos about gaming, i can write about new trend games. I'm a filmmaker too, so i can write about video and editing tips. All this to channel readers and viewers to my work on Youtube.
What do you think??

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have a website (actually a forum) where I share my Youtube links. I have no chance of getting monetized on YT because I will never reach 4000 hours/year + 1000 subscribers.

My aim is to build a community related to my niche on my forum. I am hoping to eventually have hundreds of thousands of members in a few years. That is the ultimate goal.

My YT channel only serves to push people to my forum. My forum hardly shows up in YT analytics as a traffic source, since the members can just watch my YT videos on my forum.

You don't need a website, you just need a blog. Try blogger.com. You can put links to your YT video and send people to them from your blog.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I just checked out your channel - loved the Nancy Mulligan video.

It would make a lot of sense for a musician such as yourself to have a website, but not with the purpose of driving views to your YouTube channel.

In my opinion you should focus your SEO efforts on the YouTube channel, good tags, detailed descriptions, quality thumbnails, etc. You already have very good and engaging content.

Use your website as a business tool to give more details about who you are, what you do, and how you can be reached.

In truth as social media grows websites become less useful, and this is especially the case for artists. You can let people know about gigs you are booked for and things that are going on in your life through twitter, build a fan base by posting photos of you on Instagram, and run a parallel video promotion through Facebook.

Good luck with it! I checked out your "About" page too and see that we live quite close to each other...I'm married to an Italian and live near Pesaro. I'm actually writing this in a hotel in Viareggio, so even closer still!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy discussion forum. ^_^

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I do have a website for other purposes, as a blog and as a place for me to keep track on where I have gone and such. Sure I promote my videos as well, but that´s not a huge part of it.
I managed to get adsense on the website as well, but I only earn a very small fraction of what I earn on youtube!