Can a private video or unlisted video get me strike ?

vineet

Reaction score
Hey folks
i had made a video compilation on Jackie Chan and all his movies. The video had great views but then i got the demonized for Reused content
so i had private the video
and reapplied again
so Private the video, am I safe ? or do I need to delete it completely?

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey folks
i had made a video compilation on Jackie Chan and all his movies. The video had great views but then i got the demonized for Reused content
so i had private the video
and reapplied again
so Private the video, am I safe ? or do I need to delete it completely?
I believe that the "content id" system can automatically detect copyrighted material as soon as it's uploaded to youtube (even if private or unlisted) so I'm guessing that the YT algorithm can also detect other issues like "duplicate content". If you're never going to publish those videos again, my advice would be to delete them from the platform completely. It would show Youtube that you've acted in good faith.

Reactions: markkaz

Shakycow

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Private doesn't hide the video from YouTube, Content ID, or it's algorithms. Only the public.

Reactions: markkaz

vineet

Reaction score
I believe that the "content id" system can automatically detect copyrighted material as soon as it's uploaded to youtube (even if private or unlisted) so I'm guessing that the YT algorithm can also detect other issues like "duplicate content". If you're never going to publish those videos again, my advice would be to delete them from the platform completely. It would show Youtube that you've acted in good faith.
okay sir , then i guess i should delete it then , i am hesitating on it because lol it was my first ever video which i edited and it was like by around 300people & views upto 90k lol , so rather than deleting i hid it in private but then again YT can see it and delete it anytime