cameras to use for vlogging

RFG1022

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I had a question, which camera would be best for using Canon T3, Sony handycam HD-CX405 or my Note 8?

Thanks in advanced.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the "Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware" discussion forum. ^_^

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
"The best video camera is the one that is with you"

That being said, it depends on the style of vlogging you plan on doing.

I like my DSLR and camera stabilizer for vlogging, but 99% of the time that just stays at my house.
I mainly make "story time" or "talking head" video where my camera sits on a tripod so it's not a problem.

But if you plan on being a very active "follow me" or "day in the life" vlogger then I would say any camera that you can carry with you without it being annoying. So that might mean the Note camera.

DSLR are better because the have better low light, can be used for pictures, sort of becoming the unofficial camera of a youtuber nowadays (since like 2010). That being said a DSLR is hard to focus unless you have one with great video auto focus (which not all have but is becoming more common). Also DSLR are big. and DSLR can over heat if you record for to long (since the main function of a DSLR camera is still pictures.)
Camcorder are better because they are easier to focus and the one you spec'd out is pretty small. Also, video camera tend to be able to record for longer times without over heating. They also can have great zoom.
Phones are better because they are always with you. I think the Note record in 4k 60fps. Personally my Samsung phone sometime focus on the wrong thing though, which is really annoying.

Best answer I got for you is, it depends.

go.jpg

RFG1022

Reaction score
"The best video camera is the one that is with you"

That being said, it depends on the style of vlogging you plan on doing.

I like my DSLR and camera stabilizer for vlogging, but 99% of the time that just stays at my house.
I mainly make "story time" or "talking head" video where my camera sits on a tripod so it's not a problem.

But if you plan on being a very active "follow me" or "day in the life" vlogger then I would say any camera that you can carry with you without it being annoying. So that might mean the Note camera.

DSLR are better because the have better low light, can be used for pictures, sort of becoming the unofficial camera of a youtuber nowadays (since like 2010). That being said a DSLR is hard to focus unless you have one with great video auto focus (which not all have but is becoming more common). Also DSLR are big. and DSLR can over heat if you record for to long (since the main function of a DSLR camera is still pictures.)
Camcorder are better because they are easier to focus and the one you spec'd out is pretty small. Also, video camera tend to be able to record for longer times without over heating. They also can have great zoom.
Phones are better because they are always with you. I think the Note record in 4k 60fps. Personally my Samsung phone sometime focus on the wrong thing though, which is really annoying.

Best answer I got for you is, it depends.

View attachment 42498
Surprised you said Note 8 has the use. over a DSLR or the Camcorder. I will give it a shot makes sence I guess as the Note 8 does shoot in 4K @ 60 frames.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Did I? I was merely trying to give you information to help you make your choice. I think you're good to go with the Note for now and then upgrade if you need it, but no need to get a big bulky camera that you might not carry around with you.

Reactions: RFG1022