Camera shy...

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you to all who have helped me out :) all this info is very informative and helpful! I'm still trying to figure out my lighting for my video lol

The way my room is set up is I have one light in the ceiling behind me so that kind of causes problems when recording, but I just bought a blue/white led light to hang from my desk so it lights up my face better.

If anyone has any helpful ideas or opinions on how I should work out my lighting that would be wonderful. If you want to reply here or send me a message either or is fine :)

Fortyone

Reaction score
For lighting I use anything I have around me - flashlights, desk lamps, one time I wanted to take a particular photo and I set the TV to display a white photo to give me a bit more light. MacGyver it! :)

Reactions: Cmullinax93

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
For lighting I use anything I have around me - flashlights, desk lamps, one time I wanted to take a particular photo and I set the TV to display a white photo to give me a bit more light. MacGyver it! :)
Nice! I like it lol thnx :)

Kai Micro

Reaction score
I think the Nike slogan says it best: "Just do it!" Accept and learn from criticism, it'll make you stronger and make your content better. At the same time, though, ignore the desperate acts of trolls, they feed off your anger and negativity.

Now, go out there and create!

Free Commercial Use Music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
So I wouldn't really say it's camera shy, but it's more like I want to post a video; however, I start thinking no one will like it and I'll have negative comments all the time so I want to get past this and actually post my first video up on YouTube.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and tricks or something to help a new and soon to be vlogger out? :)
Just don't think about it and do it. If you are going to be a youtuber if on cam or not you have to expect bad comments doesn't matter what kind of channel you have. I won't go on cam just because I really don't have that personality to just talk about things so I focus on other skills. Best thing is you can retake as many shots as you want to you feel you look and sound confident. Ask some friends etc before you put it up and get their advice as well.

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you for the help and info :) gonna try and have my first video up later today

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
So I wouldn't really say it's camera shy, but it's more like I want to post a video; however, I start thinking no one will like it and I'll have negative comments all the time so I want to get past this and actually post my first video up on YouTube.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and tricks or something to help a new and soon to be vlogger out? :)
Forget about what people think and just enjoy yourself. Every channel..big and small will receive negative feedback. Just have fun. Good luck to you

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Subbed and waiting to see your adventures as a marine, in Japan and around the world!
Thanks, but I'm actually a Sailor lol it's all good tho ;) I was going to post up an intro vlog tonight, but haven't been feeling to great all day so I'm gonna record an intro after work tomorrow and go from there.