Camera shy...

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks to you both :) I actually started recording a video earlier, but I keep wanting to look at myself in the camera so then my video comes out looking awkward lol I've gotta teach myself to look at the lens xD
I did the same for my first video as well. XD

Reactions: Cmullinax93

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Just to add on to this, how should I actually speak to my audience per say?

Like should I go "What's up guys?!?", kind of thing or some other way?

Arachnophobik

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Not giving a crap about what people think helps a lot! Like I love nice comments, it's heartwarming, but when negative ones come I just laugh at them and treat them as a joke, sometimes I'll do a self deprecating joke with them. I make dark humor videos so it's pretty offensive to some people, but I just go with it and I don't plan on stopping because I love what I do

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Not giving a crap about what people think helps a lot! Like I love nice comments, it's heartwarming, but when negative ones come I just laugh at them and treat them as a joke, sometimes I'll do a self deprecating joke with them. I make dark humor videos so it's pretty offensive to some people, but I just go with it and I don't plan on stopping because I love what I do
Omg I love this so much that's awesome‼‼ You probably have a blast xD

Reactions: Arachnophobik

FlipFlops

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You just have to do more vloging...
by vloging i mean talking alone with your own camera.. and consider your camera is your best friend to talk with...
i did that couple times before i starting upload on my channel...
and try to watch bigger channel, learn from them... learn how are they engaged with the audience...
so yeah.. practice makes you perfect... good luck broh... :D

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you for the help everyone :) I'll be uploading soon so hopefully it'll be good just gonna be a little introduction video that'll be who I am and why I want to do vlogging and what to expect throughout the next few months.

J0eyy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
go for it! once you start receiving positive comments and support, you will love it! I barely get any but I still love it. (im small, no one knows me)

ScienceIsFun

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm quite a shy person in real life, but over the past year I've managed to break into making videos and not feel quite so worried about shooting them and then putting the content out there, and here are some things I've noticed in that time:

1. Practice make perfect. When you look back on your first videos, you probably won't like them, but they'll be an indication of how far you've come. But you won't get to that better point without going through a phase of making crappier videos, which is also fine.
2. People aren't always mean - but even if they are, your value doesn't come from other people's opinions. The tone of someone's comment will definitely be more reflective of their character than your actual work/value, so I would always bear that in mind when reading feedback. if someone is a troll, you can remove their comment and/or shadow ban them on YouTube - your comment section is yours to do with what you will. :)
3. Just do it! Because the more videos you have, the more practice you'll get and the easier it will become to shake off those thoughts, because you will have the experience, and you will see what type of comments you get, and if they are positive then you don't have to worry so much about how you will be perceived, and if you do get a troll (which will happen sooner or later), then you'll be able to learn how to deal with nastier people and not let it affect you - and then keep doing you. :) After all, a troll may comment once and won't bother coming back - if they do, it is likely they think you are doing well and they want to bring you down - and that I'd take as a compliment.
4. You don't owe anyone anything. For most of us, YouTube starts off as a hobby and we're not paid for it, so even if someone comments something nasty, it's not like they paid for a service and got something bad, they consumed something for free so they should not expect creators to owe them anything. :)

Spook

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you're like me you created your account to entertain people, to post content you created, and to be proud of the work you've done!

You should never be camera shy! There are always going to be people who don't enjoy the content you create, but I promise there will always be people who love it too! :)

When you make youtube videos you take on the role of a content creator, this role is your youtube personality, and you should own it like there's no tomorrow!

Stay dedicated, push on, and know the entire YTTALK community is behind you! Have fun my friend! Let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or just are interested in some general tips! :)

- Have a great day,