Camera shy...

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I wouldn't really say it's camera shy, but it's more like I want to post a video; however, I start thinking no one will like it and I'll have negative comments all the time so I want to get past this and actually post my first video up on YouTube.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and tricks or something to help a new and soon to be vlogger out? :)

Reactions: Gabitzo

MasterEth

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I wouldn't really say it's camera shy, but it's more like I want to post a video; however, I start thinking no one will like it and I'll have negative comments all the time so I want to get past this and actually post my first video up on YouTube.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and tricks or something to help a new and soon to be vlogger out? :)
In the words of Shia Labeouf, "JUST....DO IT!!!" XD

No but for real, just do it. Practice makes perfect. When you start out, it won't be your best work, but that's ok! :D I've had experience with vlogging before, and it took me awhile to get used to the camera. But, once I realized I could talk to it like a human being, then I felt more comfortable.

You also have to remember that not everyone is going to be negative about your video. I have negative comments on my channel, but I don't let them get me down. Besides, the comments section in some cases is a place for people to leave their feedback about the video! :D

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Most people are too busy caring about themselves. I take as a compliment anything that people think of me. Be it a positive remark, or an incentive to kill myself. Because I know, that for a moment, I got them to care more about me, than themselves.

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks to you both :) I actually started recording a video earlier, but I keep wanting to look at myself in the camera so then my video comes out looking awkward lol I've gotta teach myself to look at the lens xD

ItsBecky

Internet Idiot who loves making people laugh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks to you both :) I actually started recording a video earlier, but I keep wanting to look at myself in the camera so then my video comes out looking awkward lol I've gotta teach myself to look at the lens xD
I used to do this all the time, my earlier videos I am never actually looking at the camera lens, I was looking at the viewfinder instead, so my audience never felt as engaged but I wanted to make sure I looked okay and it was in focus haha, also seeing myself in the corner of my eye was really distracting, I actually hide the viewfinder now as it forces me to look at the camera lens instead, sometimes when i'm talking I forget i'm filming which can actually make it easier, the more you do it the better you get especially when you start getting likes, nice comments and of course subscribers, your confidence will grow

Reactions: Cmullinax93

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you so much :) guess I just need to practice more lol

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Everyone is a little camera shy when they start. Just throwing yourself into the water is the best way. And being confident is the most important part. Trolls can smell fear, so you need to be confident and they won't be able to talk garbage about you.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you want to upload a video just do it, don't worry about what others have to say. Every YouTuber eventually get negative comments because of the internet trolls. when you're a YouTuber negative comments will happen that's nothing you can escape from.

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Man you just gotta go for it. That's easier said then done, I know. I use to feel so awkward talking to the camera. The more you talk on camera, the more comfortable you feel with it.

Cmullinax93

Colby Wan-Kenobi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks to all for the helpful info :) I'll probably make an introductory video for my channel today or tomorrow