Camera shy

JayWash124

Whoop Whoop
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im not a fan of trying to talk when theres music playing...i'd probably get distracted and start singing, thats not a good thing :p

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I'm extreamly camera shy too, that's why in my videos my voice becomes smaller haha, what I like to do is keep some music on in the background to distract me from the fact I'm talking into the camera. Also like lots of people mentioned the more you do, the easier it becomes :)
Hey i just watched your "itsy bitsy mini update" i have to admit you need to bring the mic closer to your face and be careful i heard the music over you in the video. Im not trying to crap on your video just giving a little feedback. Also watch out with background music if you monetize your video's they can still be flagged for copyright for having background music. If you have a computer room or a office its better to film in so theres less space for the sound to travel n the room, because your sitting so far back the natural sounds of the room cut your voice down even more. Hope this is a little helpful keep up the great work.

Reactions: ViciousCritic

Nanami

Reaction score
I think it takes time. right now I don't feel safe to record msyelf so I'm doing song covers and a video game but I hope with time I feel better about showing myself

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Everyone's first videos are horrible. You'll become a better speaker as time goes on. Good luck!

NerdzSquared

Super Poster
Reaction score
Yeah as said in the beginning, the best way to counter your camera shyness is to make as many videos as possible.
I remember when I first started making videos I would sit there infront of the camera and look all awkward and all.
Now its just second nature..

Just have fun with it

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's cliche, but the more you do it, the easier it gets. i recently looked back at some of my first vlogs and compared them to recent videos and I think i look a lot more comfortable on camera than i first did over a year ago. Just go for it!

greatbritishbg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey i just watched your "itsy bitsy mini update" i have to admit you need to bring the mic closer to your face and be careful i heard the music over you in the video. Im not trying to crap on your video just giving a little feedback. Also watch out with background music if you monetize your video's they can still be flagged for copyright for having background music. If you have a computer room or a office its better to film in so theres less space for the sound to travel n the room, because your sitting so far back the natural sounds of the room cut your voice down even more. Hope this is a little helpful keep up the great work.
I agree with ghost, My main point here is record a few versions... Keep at it and after 3-4 goes post the one you prefer the most.

flashcartoons

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I am a bit camera shy too, it's hard to get infront of a camera and talk into nothingness, I am better on stage with people in front of me.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am a bit camera shy too, it's hard to get infront of a camera and talk into nothingness, I am better on stage with people in front of me.
thats crazy your a bit camera shy but not on stage. I would sh!t on myself if i was on stage