Camera for vlog

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey we are looking for a good camera that can have a external mic hooked up and also can plug into our computer to record with usb. Looking to keep it under $1000. Would also like it to have a screen that flips so we can see it from the front.

AustinCollings

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
From your budget, to what you're looking for, I am going to recommend the Canon G7X Mark II. That is one of the best vlogging cameras on the market, and it has great quality, a flipping screen, and is within your budget. Heck, if I could afford it right now I would have one! Amazon would be the place to find one!

Triple Res

YouTube Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
From your budget, to what you're looking for, I am going to recommend the Canon G7X Mark II. That is one of the best vlogging cameras on the market, and it has great quality, a flipping screen, and is within your budget. Heck, if I could afford it right now I would have one! Amazon would be the place to find one!
I was looking at that one but could not find anywhere if it supported a external mic! Been driving me crazy lol.

clarkevlogs

Reaction score
I was looking at that one but could not find anywhere if it supported a external mic! Been driving me crazy lol.
Just to let you know - I use the Canon G7X Mark II for my Vlogs. The video quality is great, but unfortunately it doesn't support an external mic. However, if used inside the audio quality is absolutely fine. When used outside, it may pick up some sound of the wind, you can get a Windshield for this though (Search Amazon for: Micromuff-500002-Skinny-Wind-Muffler).

Also an alternative which I have seen is some people use the "Rode Smartlav+ Lavalier Microphone" which plugs into your iPhone, you record the sound on your iPhone and sync the audio during the video editing. This is supposed to make a huge improvment to audio.

If you are interested in seeing some footage from the Canon G7X Mark II my channel is below. The first video I ever uploaded is outside and has no windshield. The rest of my videos are inside with the windshield on the camera (I didn't have this during my first video). All sound is recorded directly from the Canon.

Channel: Clarke Vlogs

Reactions: AustinCollings

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
From my own research and from the only Vlogger that I follow (Harley Morenstein) The Canon G7X Mark 2 seems to be winner

Reactions: AustinCollings

HecksVision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I could not find a G7X in stock when I went looking. I got the G5X and never looked back. The sound is not bad and I can see the need for a external recorder on the rare occasion. I
use a H1 Zoom.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Spend the whole $1000 on a Sony RX100 V :)

THat's what I use on my channel. However, the Canon G7X Mark 2 would be my second choice.

FrankDoorhof

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
If you don't need 4k a Sony rx100MKIII
Otherwise the IV or V

I think the sonys are absolutely the best at the moment. Only audio in is a (stupid) problem.

Reactions: Dismal Bliss

Tanzeel

Reaction score
Hi,

Once i was also looking for a best vlogging camera and someone showed me this list of best vlogging camera with flip screen. I chose a camera according to my budget you can do the same. Everything has been told in a great way. I am sure that you will find the right camera to start your vlogging career.

Cheers,