Camera auto focus is off... HELP!

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I filmed an entire video, and my camera was set on autofocus, which is normally how I film... but the lens kept on having to readjust... causing the footage to be garbage. I refilmed the entire video in manual focus, and I don't like it as much as I like autofocus, but I cant get my autofocus to work properly again. Why is my autofocus doing this? How can I fix it?

Please help me.[DOUBLEPOST=1521667383,1521667311][/DOUBLEPOST]I uploaded a video of a small clip of my footage but it wont let me share it to you guys :/

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Auto focus can do this (it's called hunting) and it varies in severity with camera models/brands. It's very annoying as it goes in and out of focus looking for the sweet spot.

Use fixed focus or manual. Fixed focus is an option to auto focus at video record start and then not vary. My Nikon has it.

xxheathermarie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Auto focus can do this (it's called hunting) and it varies in severity with camera models/brands. It's very annoying as it goes in and out of focus looking for the sweet spot.

Use fixed focus or manual. Fixed focus is an option to auto focus at video record start and then not vary. My Nikon has it.
What if I were to film hauls (so lame I know)... But need to film in autofocus so the focus changes as I film... :/ I've never had this issue until today and now it won't go away.

Which camera/lens are you using?
Rebel T6i and the lens is a 50 mm with a 1.8 f stop

turtile

Reaction score
Use automatic selection AF. And AF is affected by the DOF and light. F1.8 will let the most light in but it will make AF harder because there's only a small area where the camera can make good focus. You just have to balance the settings given the light. So if it's bright, you can stop down (F1.8 to F5.6 etc.) and if it's dark, Keep it closer to F1.8 since the lack of light is likely worse.

Reactions: Styxie