Calling all tech experts!

emrachelp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey, I'm pretty new to YouTube, and like many youtubers, I post cover songs. I don't, unfortunately, have any state of the art tech equipment, but I was just wondering, I have an iPad, mac and a canon digital camera available to me for recording - which would be the best to use?
Thanks! And check out my videos so far below to see the crappy quality for yourselves! Ahaha :) emrachelp

MerajBadMan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
well i'm no tech genius but i'll give it a shot, your making videos for cover song so your first worry is that which device you have will take the BEST audio, at the moment video should not be a concern for you. So my suggestion is to go with the cannon camera, but i really can not because i go not have any hands on experience with ipad and or macs so you might want to do some test on each, and depend on the best quaility of audio you can choose for your self on which device use you :) i hope this helps you out :D

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
well i'm no tech genius but i'll give it a shot, your making videos for cover song so your first worry is that which device you have will take the BEST audio, at the moment video should not be a concern for you. So my suggestion is to go with the cannon camera, but i really can not because i go not have any hands on experience with ipad and or macs so you might want to do some test on each, and depend on the best quaility of audio you can choose for your self on which device use you :) i hope this helps you out :D
well you can record the song using any audio equipment and then use your best video recorder and synch the song to the video. You dont need to do it all with one camera and mic. :)

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
Do you know what quality the digital camera records in? because as far as I know, all new Mac's film in 720p HD with the in-built camera, and an iPad also does HD :)

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would go for the Mircosoft LifeCam 1080p HD for the recording and the Snowball Blue Mic for Audio.

They aren't to heavy in the Price section but together would set you back around £110.00 or with the Customs Exchange Rate ( 1.6031 ) $176.34 US

Feel free to check my Channel as I use both items ;)

Code

Rap Artist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Like JTA said....record and sync