Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I've just started a gaming channel, and as a female I've been seriously bummed that there is a lack of popular girl gaming channels. Reply below, introduce yourself and share your experience of what it's like being a girl gamer on youtube. LETS BAND TOGETHER :) I've heard a lot of people call girls "fake gamers" and things like that, what is your experience with those types of comments? What are your favorite games/genres to play?

About Me:
I recently started a gaming channel called "SabrinaFabulous" where I mostly play horror/mystery games (my favorite genre). Since my channel is so new, I have a low view count and subscriber count so I haven't experienced any hate at all so far. I'm curious to know what other's experiences are with hate.

I am poor af so all I have to game on is my mac laptop which I use for school. If I could have my way I'd be decked out with a gaming PC, have literally every game on my Steam wishlist, every sims 4 expansion pack and a PS4.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

DeeskGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am not a girl gamer. But you can't let comments get to you! Thats like one of the first rules! Ignore comments about being "fake". People just get jealous thats all! They think they are fake and doing it for attention when in reality they just like to play the game and enjoy live streaming or producing videos, like every other human being on youtube. You should know this world is not a good place(some people are genuinely nice though!)! So many people put others down for no reason. Its disgusting imo.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am not a girl gamer. But you can't let comments get to you! Thats like one of the first rules! Ignore comments about being "fake". People just get jealous thats all! They think they are fake and doing it for attention when in reality they just like to play the game and enjoy live streaming or producing videos, like every other human being on youtube. You should know this world is not a good place(some people are genuinely nice though!)! So many people put others down for no reason. Its disgusting imo.
Yeah, I have a hard time understanding these type of people. There's nothing to gain by making rude comments like smh.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not a girl but the reason why people say "FAKE" gamer girls are because of a couple reasons. I'm not saying you are fake just explaining the reason behind why people do that. 1) The girl is really bad at the game, like REALLY bad - no common sense bad (usually means they have never played a game before) or 2) Massive cleavage (which equals to look at me - I want attention) rather just playing the game. Like guys with muscles don't wear muscle shirts playing games right?

So that's the reason a lot of girls are called fake gamer girls if they fall into that category.

I just checked out your video though and you seem genuine so yeah :D For the webcam, you can crop it in your editing tools to cut off the unnecessary areas of your room. She's not on this forum but one of my friends is a YouTube girl gamer, I did a collab with her as well! :D

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
hey, I make gaming parodies on my channel, but i do a lot of gameplay on twitch, and I've never experienced any of these types of comments, everyone's really nice from what I've experienced so far :D but like @iMsayan says, I don't use webcam, and most comments tend to come from cleavage shots that upset people.
but you do you, as long as you enjoy it!

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nice observation. Most of the responses here came from males YouTubers. So yeah this might be an evidence that there is a lack of popular girl gaming channels. On the other hand, it seems very rare to see a male makeup channel. What about you ? have you seen any makeup channel owned by males ?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nice observation. Most of the responses here came from males YouTubers. So yeah this might be an evidence that there is a lack of popular girl gaming channels. On the other hand, it seems very rare to see a male makeup channel. What about you ? have you seen any makeup channel owned by males ?
Yeah :/ it's kind of a bummer, I know I'm not the only one but I hope eventually more girls will make gaming channels too! Actually in the past few years I have seen a lot of male make up channels arise such as jefreestar, manymua and so on. Which I think is super cool, some of these guys are even more amazing at makeup than most women lol.

Reactions: zaffron

bb109

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of people call girls "fake gamers" .
I am a girl gamer but i don't think i would ever start a gaming channel because i know people think girl gamers are fake and doing it for attention.

I've been regularly attending gaming conventions for the last 12 yrs. I used to own a gaming forum online back in 2008-2010. I closed the forum down in 2010. The gaming forum i owned had 200k members.

At first. I pretended to be a male because i was forum admin/owner and wanted to be taken seriously as forum owner. Then when everyone found out i was a female. I was treated like a joke. Members of the forum would start sending me lewd messages like show us your boobs etc.

I have always loved gaming but i would never start a gaming channel. Female gamers don't get taken seriously at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaijillionaire
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I am a girl gamer but i don't think i would ever start a gaming channel because i know people think girl gamers are fake and doing it for attention.

i am 32 so i grew up during the golden age of gaming.

I owned the sega genesis which was the first console i ever owned in 1990. I owned the original gameboy in 1991. I grew up owning all the consoles. Playstation 1, 2 +. Original Nintendo console, nintendo 64 etc. Whatever console and game. I owned it. So many gaming firsts happened in the 1989-1999 decade.

I've been regularly attending gaming conventions for the last 12 yrs. I used to own a gaming forum online back in 2008-2010. I closed the forum down in 2010. The gaming forum i owned had 200k members.

At first. I pretended to be a male because i was forum admin/owner and wanted to be taken seriously as forum owner. Then when everyone found out i was a female. I was treated like a joke. Members of the forum would start sending me lewd messages like show us your boobs etc. So even in the online gaming communities. I have to pretend that i am a male to be taken seriously.

I have always loved gaming but i would never start a gaming channel. Female gamers don't get taken seriously at all.
oh my god that's insane! It's honestly awful that everyone treated you differently just because you are a female. Those people were jerks. Personally I don't really care if someone calls me "fake" or whatever because I know that I'm not. I've been in love with gaming since I was a little girl. I used to wait until my dad fell asleep so I could run to the computer room and stay up as late as I possibly could playing whatever PC game I was into at the time.

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey! I'm a girl gamer and I usually play visual novel, rpg, and indie games on my channel. I've been playing games since my father bought me a gameboy. I don't show my face on my videos because some people don't really take you seriously and there's so much hate for girl gamers (but mostly because I can't afford a nice camera :biggrin:). People can always find something to hate about you. I have not experienced hate right now because I also have a low subscriber count but I'm not really complaining :D

Reactions: sabrinafabulous