Buying views?

Bland Mark

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hello there. I always just made videos for fun. I've never been a great self-promoter. I just feel a bit awkward about all that. However someone did advise me to buy some views from sites like nemovids. I have heard these can get your account suspended or end up losing you views in the end. What is the truth about all this?
For now I just wont bother. Low views, but a safe account seems like a better option.

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hello there. I always just made videos for fun. I've never been a great self-promoter. I just feel a bit awkward about all that. However someone did advise me to buy some views from sites like nemovids. I have heard these can get your account suspended or end up losing you views in the end. What is the truth about all this?
For now I just wont bother. Low views, but a safe account seems like a better option.
You can buy ads using AdWords to get a bunch of "views" but I feel this kills the natural growth of your channel. I'm sure some have success (you get exposure) but I used it for one of my channels and I felt that I was throwing money away.

Last edited:

Bland Mark

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
OK. Thanks for the help you two. I was tempted before, but I am also quite cautious about these things.

GearGasms

Reaction score
You can buy ads using AdWords to get a bunch of "views" but I feel this kills the natural growth of your channel. I'm sure some have success (you get exposure) but I used it for one of my channels and I felt that I was throwing money away.
This is correct. I played with Google Ads a bit and got some traffic and a few subs, but it kills the average viewing time for any vid you do it on. Then that vid gets recommended less and lower on search.

Plus I think once you spend a little with Google and stop, they starve your channel of views to get you to come back and spend more. That's just my ugly theory but it wouldn't shock me.

Reactions: samisyourman

Babygames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Plus I think once you spend a little with Google and stop, they starve your channel of views to get you to come back and spend more. That's just my ugly theory but it wouldn't shock me.
YES. Not sure if you know who Derral Eves is (Youtuber/Marketing guy) but he had the same theory. Tested AdWords on a video and yep, killed organic growth for that video. I'm not sure if he started a new channel for that test. I'll look for the link. It's in one of my old threads. Anyway, I stopped AdWords after watching his video...and watching my channel slowly die.

I'll take it one step further. I think most of the views were fake...even when targeting US only. Thousands of views with no engagement...give me some thumbs down at least. Something. The subs I did get weren't watching any new videos. It could be just a kids niche thing but I found it very suspicious.

Last edited: