Burnt out

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiREWiRE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started doing youtube videos in around August, and my channel was doing pretty well. I got up to about 66 subscribers in a month, and was really loving the content I was putting out. At that point, I started getting burnt out, and ran out of ideas, so I took a break for 5 months. I recently returned first with 1 video that got blocked in America, so 90% of my viewers couldn't even watch it, and then I got one more idea, which I made a video on, and it did terribly for my subscribers. Most of the views were me accidentally clicking on it to check the stats, instead of just looking at my analytics through the youtube dashboard. Since then, I've gotten pretty down about all my subscribers being dead, and I've run out of ideas.. I feel like I should keep going to try and gain a new viewerbase, but I'm feeling really demotivated.. Anyone got any ideas?

Uncle Eggnog

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We all need a break now and again it stops up from going crazy and giving up for good :) Just work your way back up and youll see the subscribers come :) i wish you the best of luck my friend!

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The best thing i can tell you is to make sure you are not forcing yourself to make videos. only make the videos you feel like you want to make. Do not let it burden you. That could be your problem.
On the thing about having a dead viewer base, that just kind of happens if you take a break. Hopefully if you do decide to start uploading more the subs that are subscribed to you will notice you are uploading and come back. Leaving does hurt your channel though, nothing can really change that.

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you love the content you are dropping you have to keep doing it. If you leave and come back after five months. It's pretty much a reset button. In order to keep your viewers, you have to keep it really consistent.

Keep moving and never stop. Run out of ideas? Ask your friends, even ask your viewers to request some content!
Research see what's trending out there too.

FiREWiRE

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you all for the advice! This has really helped me a lot so far.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Threads like this are very demotivating for other forum members, and therefore the staff lock them every time.

If you would like your content to be reviewed, I encourage you to post a thread in the Review/Feedback forum.
http://yttalk.com/forums/reviews-channel-feedback.64/

If you would like to be given some strategic advice, we have the "Strategy and Technique Advice" forum.
http://yttalk.com/forums/strategies-technique-advice.14/

There also is the "YouTube Tutorials" forum that has an abundance of helpful information.
http://yttalk.com/forums/youtube-tutorials-articles-resources.10/

The above links have lots of resources to bring back some motivation and help you find a good path forward. I wish you the best. =)

Reactions: Crown
Status
Not open for further replies.