• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

Broke 200 subs - but they seem so inactive?!

StewartJames

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Anyone else find this?

I feel like 50 percent of my subscribers have subbed me only to get attention on themselves!

I create videos relating to photography and general lifestyle but have gamers following me etc

Very much interested in meeting other people in my niche though!

videographers/photographers/parents/adventurers!

Reactions: GiggaVega

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I know how that feels, it's no biggie though.
I have about 230 subs & most of them do not comment, they just watch my videos. I cover a variety of things so I have a bunch of different people in my community. Most people just want to watch videos & that is it.
As long as you are not dropping many subs & your view time is high & good amount of views on your videos, that is what is important.
Question for you, when you upload your videos, what category do you select? That might be an indication of why so many non photography account subscribe to you.

ttxela

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have 840ish subscribers and might get 15-20 comments on a video with anything between 100-1000 views in the first week or so. I think a lot of viewers don't see the point in commenting, it's nice if they do but a lot of people now watch YT instead of TV or Netfix etc. It they are just chilling on the sofa why would they want to start typing. A lot of people tell me they watch my content on thier TV where commenting isn't even an option.

ScumCuckler

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter if you get them naturally or not, most will still be inactive, look just focus the half that is active and your community will grow more affectively, also use programs like Tube Buddy to help you move up in SEO, it’ll help out a lot. Good Luck!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
It's very common to have inactive subs - YouTube makes it easier to sub than to unsub and people often change interests quickly and get distracted. Target views not subs.

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Sounds about normal. I have 3500 subs, I average 500 views, and get 20-30 comments. I have the same 15-20 commenters on all my vids. Most people do not comment.
Are you talking to them, or talking at them? Engage them and and ask questions, to encourage more comments. Even then, most people don't comment.

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I don’t get many comments or views. However, I have fun putting content out there.
patience seems to be important with YT.

syamoes

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I have same thing also. A lot of my subs only watch. FYI I have nearly 500 subs. They only commenting on something that is new to them. Some of my video even have 0 comment. And some of it have more than 100 comments.