Broke 100 subs today. But it doesn't feel right...

NobleAddiction

Reaction score
I used to have a channel with over 3k subs... i closed it because my last mnc tried to screw me over. So ive started over since November but only just now reached over 150 subs. I think as long as your dubs are active and not dead channels that its all good.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Mandeep T

Reaction score
Congratulations on reaching 100 subscribers!
It's normal to feel that way, but keep in mind that people ended up subscribing because they liked your content.
Commenting in general does allow you to engage with others and is a good way to spread your channel, but try to keep it in the context to the video, else it might leave a bad taste to others!

mr.jacks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
commenting on videos is fine and not cheating now not sure asking for subs is the right way as some see it as begging and get annoyed but if it works and if you haven't broke any youtube rules then what's the harm? I would say comments should pertain to the person or video your talking about as ppl will view your channel if they like your comment more often then if you ask them to sub.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Today I woke up and found out that I had 104 subs. Took a couple months to get to 40. Then I made a few comments a couple popular videos 4 or 5 days ago asking for subs. And my sub count started rising. But it totally feels like I cheated !

One side tells me that any exposure is good exposure. But the other says that they only came thanks to a funny comment....

Oh the inner struggle!!

How would you feel?
You gained a bunch of subscribers that are just checking a box when you ask for subscribers and gain them. Unless your viewership increases a higher subscriber count is meaningless. And yes, if you have to ask you don't deserve it. So you are right to feel like a cheat.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
That's alright. I'm grateful to stumble upon this wisdom that makes people want to subscribe to me for my brilliant comments.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
As long as they watch your content be happy. If you'r averaging like 25-50 views per video having 100 subscribers thats actually a nice view to subscribe ratio.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
As long as they watch your content be happy. If you'r averaging like 25-50 views per video having 100 subscribers thats actually a nice view to subscribe ratio.
Not gonna lie. If that were the case, I'd feel very beaten. Fortunately, my sub to view ratio is much better.

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It's not uncommon for people to sub to people who make interesting comments..nor is it cheating in my opinion.