Broke 100 subs today. But it doesn't feel right...

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah, when I started, I joined a site thinking it was a youtube community, and it was that sub4sub stuff. I got almost 20 of those subs in one day. But they have been going away slowly.

Tyy3Y

Reaction score
A lot of people complain about people posting on their comments asking for subscribers or likes, but at the end of the day if your channel is growing and getting the attention it needs and deserves just keep doing what you're doing bro.

In my opinion I agree with some people above try be very subtle and/or funny as people will be more engaging and you have less chance of someone reporting it as spam and it being taken down

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If they subscribe they subscribe you know? I have received subs by commenting on videos and it is a bit uncomfortable sometimes but at the end of the day, they choose if they sub! :)

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've gained a few subs here and there for popular comments on other peoples videos, and if people followed you because of your funny comment then they like your sense of humour, so that works, since it's your channel contianing videos with your sense of humour!

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

jwl9brla

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Today I woke up and found out that I had 104 subs. Took a couple months to get to 40. Then I made a few comments a couple popular videos 4 or 5 days ago asking for subs. And my sub count started rising. But it totally feels like I cheated !

One side tells me that any exposure is good exposure. But the other says that they only came thanks to a funny comment....

Oh the inner struggle!!

How would you feel?
I feel like people liked your comment so technically they like a part of your personality. Reaching out isn't a bad thing as Long as it's not the only thing you do.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Btw, I found out how my sub count jumped from 97 to 104 and views from 400 to 2500 overnight! It looks like google adwords promoted my video giving me 2.1k views! I received an email from a google employee telling me not to worry if my adwords account was showing that I spent 40€ promoting my video. It was an offer, and I would not be charged!

Don't know where the fuk that came out from, but I have no words to thank them enough....

Last edited:

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's not cheating. It's totally fine. Leaving great comments on videos are another way of being part of the YouTube community.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

VeryCoolGuy Construction

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Today I woke up and found out that I had 104 subs. Took a couple months to get to 40. Then I made a few comments a couple popular videos 4 or 5 days ago asking for subs. And my sub count started rising. But it totally feels like I cheated !

One side tells me that any exposure is good exposure. But the other says that they only came thanks to a funny comment....

Oh the inner struggle!!

How would you feel?
I know exactly how you feel based on the whole sub 4 sub thing. I guess the exposure is good but how many are actually there for your content? I'm trying to get natural subs and i saw in another thread that you commented on a pewdiepie vid and got a lot of subs from that as well. Idk man lol good for you tho!

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other

Oh the inner struggle!!

How would you feel?
Not gonna lie, it really annoys me when people comment on popular videos asking for subs. You're essentially taking someone else's work and hard-earned audience and making it about you. You can see how that might come across as selfish to a lot of people.
I'm not saying you don't deserve subscribers, but you'll look and feel much better if you draw in subscribers who follow you for the content you produce and not because you asked them to. Getting subscribers is hard work, I think a lot of us in this forum will empathise with you on that. But it's a much nicer feeling knowing you've earned those subscribers through the work you do, not stealing the limelight from other people.