Broke 100 subs today. But it doesn't feel right...

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Today I woke up and found out that I had 104 subs. Took a couple months to get to 40. Then I made a few comments a couple popular videos 4 or 5 days ago asking for subs. And my sub count started rising. But it totally feels like I cheated !

One side tells me that any exposure is good exposure. But the other says that they only came thanks to a funny comment....

Oh the inner struggle!!

How would you feel?

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've gained a lot of subscribers from comments. Although I've never asked for people to subscribe or check out my channel. I just end up sometimes being top comment because I'm either one of the first or just because I say something that people like. So I naturally get people come to my channel that way. I think I got about 22 subscribers in 1 day just off 1 comment. I comment because I like the video though not to self promote, but it's nice when new subs come. I think maybe my branding helps as it looks professional lol. Just keep doing it if it's works ☺

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are many ways to gain subs. The way you have done it is one of many legitimate ways in my opinion.
If they watch your new uploads thats great.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I've gained a lot of subscribers from comments. Although I've never asked for people to subscribe or check out my channel. I just end up sometimes being top comment because I'm either one of the first or just because I say something that people like. So I naturally get people come to my channel that way. I think I got about 22 subscribers in 1 day just off 1 comment. I comment because I like the video though not to self promote, but it's nice when new subs come. I think maybe my branding helps as it looks professional lol. Just keep doing it if it's works ☺
Wow, that's awesome! Can I ask what the comment was?

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Wow, that's awesome! Can I ask what the comment was?
It was on one of Jamie Olivers videos. I got top comment on the charred veg salad recipe video (looks delicious by the way, have a look). ☺

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It was on one of Jamie Olivers videos. I got top comment on the charred veg salad recipe video (looks delicious by the way, have a look). ☺
Ah yes it was a good one- you started a debate and slipped in line about your next video =] Well done!

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ah yes it was a good one- you started a debate and slipped in line about your next video =] Well done!
Must be the key to it then. Finding the balance of promoting your channel but not actually coming across like you are.

Reactions: TwoTakes

KingUsher

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well grats as long as they like your content:snaphappy:

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Know about the inner struggle. In the very beginning I did sub4sub but now I know better. It is usually waste of time.
Nothing wrong with getting subs from comments IMO.
Anyways congrats on the 100+ subs, great job:)
You can always make a video and tell who ever subscribed to unsubscribe:biggrin:

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Commenting on people videos is one of the best way to advertise your channels. I do the same thing with people in my niche (NHL gaming youtubers) I never ask for subs, but I try to make sure i get to the videos early and get some of the early comments.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff