BroadbandTV: really, really, really lame CPMs? [BBTV and subsidiaries]

Pwnage

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Reviewer
EDIT, July 2013: There are some interesting posts on pages 4 and 5 by (claimed) ex-employees of BBTV and BBTV-subsidiaries, including allegations of skimming profits, terrible support and recruiting practices, and more. I encourage anyone to do their own research before joining ANY network.

BroadBandTV (BBTV) has these networks under it:

((BBTV/Viso))
---[Everything]

---[Gaming]
---[Gaming]
---[Everything]
---[Music]
---[Gaming]
---[Gaming]
---[Gaming]
(via here: )

Lately I've talked with partners who are part of TGN (several) TNG (several), Phazer, and Acifin.

Everyone of them reported really, really bad CPM. like <$2. Often less then $1. Every. Single. One.

Channels that are getting 100k-500k views per month should not be getting $.7 CPM. (two of these guys reported exactly that). No channel should be getting that. How the hell does a network screw up that badly?

Shane MattZ Gabriel KGATV --- Anyone have any speculation/thoughts?

If anyone is a partner with any BBTV subsidiaries, please consider sharing your experiences and most of all CPM.

NOTE:
Why does CPM matter? Because without good CPM it doesn't matter WHAT your revenue share is - you will be earning only a fraction compared to an identical channel with another network... even if they have a lower revenue share.
broadbandtv are a con, you dont get the actual % that is stated in the contract

Okuu

☢CAUTION☢
Reaction score
BBTV is in general one of the worst to be honest and don't make me start about TGN.

Pwnage

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Reviewer
BBTV is in general one of the worst to be honest and don't make me start about TGN.
i'm surprised nobody attempted to sue them

Okuu

☢CAUTION☢
Reaction score
i'm surprised nobody attempted to sue them
I feel like sueing them to be honest as I have a lawyer in my family, but it's basically wasted time due to the fact I could do better stuff in that time and I don't get much from YouTube anyway.

I wouldn't sue them for the CPM, but moreso for extending my contract to a static one for a year, whilst I have said multiple times that I want to leave that ignorant network @ support in the period when you could leave at any time with a delay of 1 month, but they basically neglected all my well written e-mails regarding that and just extended it. Shows how childish they are.

Parcel

I've Got It
Reaction score
I feel like sueing them to be honest as I have a lawyer in my family, but it's basically wasted time due to the fact I could do better stuff in that time and I don't get much from YouTube anyway.

I wouldn't sue them for the CPM, but moreso for extending my contract to a static one for a year, whilst I have said multiple times that I want to leave that ignorant network @ support in the period when you could leave at any time with a delay of 1 month, but they basically neglected all my well written e-mails regarding that and just extended it. Shows how childish they are.
did you sign their new contract by any chance?

I didn't and i'm going to get unpartnered by the end of this month.

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
did you sign their new contract by any chance?

I didn't and i'm going to get unpartnered by the end of this month.
Same here. TGN was a stepping stone for me, about the only network I could be partnered with at the time. Now my channel has grown a lot (no thanks to TGN) and I have more options. So I'm leaving TGN by the start of February and joining Curse.

Parcel

I've Got It
Reaction score
Same here. TGN was a stepping stone for me, about the only network I could be partnered with at the time. Now my channel has grown a lot (no thanks to TGN) and I have more options. So I'm leaving TGN by the start of February and joining Curse.
Yeah TGN was the only network that would accept me back then when my channel was small and only had about 1,000 subscribers, but then I started noticing some shady stuff going around but I was just happy to be part of a network, it wasn't until I started hearing how all these other networks had so many features and yet BBTV wouldn't give partners these features, that's when I really started thinking and having questions, I read a lot of forums related to youtube and came to a conclusion that BBTV are scamming people.

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not sold on the idea that they are skimming money off the top. But TGN's transparency leaves a LOT to be desired. The reports you get from them don't show a trace of the original CPM. Just your RPM, the revenue after BBTV takes their 40% cut. Of course you can do some basic math to determine what your CPM was, but I have no way of checking if that figure was correct to begin with. My average CPM was around $7 assuming my reports are correct.

Regardless BBTV and TGN are not companies I want to be stuck with for any period of time. But as a stepping stone they do their job just fine. As long as you make sure to get out as soon as you can and don't sign any sort of year contract with them.

Reactions: Parcel

PepperBeef2Spicy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yup once I Get to 1,000 subs (which should be within the next 2-3 months) i'm going to move to Curse as well probably.