British or American? A question of accent...

Everyone, thank you for all the replies! This is quite a serious matter for me because I cannot honestly decide which sounds better simply because I still feel weird listening to myself talk. I do gravitate a bit more to the British side of speaking though, so that might be my answer right there...

TylorSkory
Don't worry about sounding rude or offensive, it's exactly what I asked for ;)

American is not an accent, the country is far too big to lump it as one. The dialects are so far different and so are the accents across the country. It's like saying all British or Australians have the same accent
Hence why I put the little "disclaimer" at the bottom... I study this thing, I know there's a load of different accents and dialects but I couldn't be bothered listing all of them so I went with the two generalizations, I'm deeply sorry if I offended anyone...

Everyone, thank you for all the replies! This is quite a serious matter for me because I cannot honestly decide which sounds better simply because I still feel weird listening to myself talk. I do gravitate a bit more to the British side of speaking though, so that might be my answer right there...

TylorSkory
Don't worry about sounding rude or offensive, it's exactly what I asked for ;)

Hence why I put the little "disclaimer" at the bottom... I study this thing, I know there's a load of different accents and dialects but I couldn't be bothered listing all of them so I went with the two generalizations, I'm deeply sorry if I offended anyone...
I just was pointing out that people from different areas will think different things in regards to the "American" accent

Talking strictly superficially, my vote is British. I love America and wouldn't leave it for anything but British accents really make someone sound more credible.

It's up to you to mess that up, whereas I feel like as an American I'm often expected to prove I'm not stupid.

Back