Brief question about monetizing videos..

Reaction score
Hey gang. I have a question I've wanted to figure out about monetizing for some time. Would appreciate some advice.

So I launched my channel a couple months ago, I react to movie trailer.

Anyway, I monetize my vids, although I don't make much of anything which is fine. It's not my driving goal here, I genuinely enjoy doing it. But when you monetize, it asks you which devices to monetize and states desktop only required. What I do is monetize and click off all three (as I don't want to bombard potential new subscribers with ads and turn them off, not worth it). But with the desktop only (required), I switch that one off too. Should I click that one on? Should I click all of them? None of them?

Any advice here would be appreciated THANK YOU![DOUBLEPOST=1514320334,1514320179][/DOUBLEPOST]The options are to monetize, which you switch yes.

Then Overlay ads (desktop only), sponsored cards (all deviced) and skippable video ads (all devices)

Cookey

Reaction score
The only thing i don't think is unskippable ads i think because those are annoying :/

but to be honest it's really up to you

Reactions: JohnnyL REACTS

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey Johnnyl, I believe monetized ads get better SEO placement so I'd leave it on. According to VidIQ anyway i notice. Most people on desktop will not be bothered by the ads at all anyway as who uses a browser nowadays without adblock? probably not many. Well done on hitting view count that allows for monetizing btw. I still enjoy your vids.

Reactions: JohnnyL REACTS