Breaking up the pattern of "going through the motions"

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Recently with my videos I feel like I've been going through the motions in order to maintain regular uploads as I know this helps.

However I have asked many trusted people (in my target audience) to critique the hell out of my channel and I've got some amazing feedback.

In order to put the feedback into action I'm going to need to strategise more and production and editing will take longer. Meaning I haven't uploaded my regular 2 visa per week.

Until I've put everything in place, it's looking like I won't upload for another week. So do I

A) keep uploading videos in a format I know my audience sees as "not as good" with lower production values. But benefit from regular upload, content and views.

Or

B) go "offline" for 10 days or so and lose the benefits of regular uploading, but really nail down my content and production values.

Kind of a quality vs quantity question.

MyBigBrain

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have read from several online sources that it is better to have quantity (decent quality) over amazing quality.

For example, it is better to upload 4 decent videos in a month than a single amazing video in a month. All the time that you are using to plan, shoot and edit an amazing video is time that people won't see it.

Reactions: Darren Taylor

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your own audience has suggested lifting your quality and with that its going to take extra time; I would suggest giving it a shot. You can always go back.
I have switched up my schedule several times and eventually (Nearly 3 years) have I settled.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I think both are pretty important. For me I try to maintain my quantity with weekly uploads but then on the side I'll work on some bigger projects to eventually upload on the channel. Which can take many hours from writing, shooting, editing and so on. But I know a lot of the fans appreciate those different types of videos on top of what I normally make. :O!

But go ahead and try what you think is best or want to do and see how it works out. And to possibly avoid any backlash maybe upload an update video on what you want to do so your viewers are not left in the dark for the upcoming changes. Best of luck!

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for all of the advice everyone. I will try this new method based on the advice of my target audience and see what happens :)