Branding watermark shaped like a subscribe button: allowed or not?

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
At the channel branding page on YT one may upload a custom graphical icon being displayed while a video is being watched. Clicking this icon while the video is watched leads to the viewer subscribing the respective channel.
In an instruction video floating around the Youtubes (forgot which of the countless ones it is) an "SEO expert" recommends creators to use a branding watermark that looks like a channel subscribe button (rectangular, red, "SUBSCRIBE" imprinted in white).
Does YT allow mimicking parts of their GUI with user-generated content like this? Am I allowed to use a subscribe button as a branding watermark?

King Munch

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
do u need someone to make you one

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
do u need someone to make you one
I have one lying here (done all by myself, just using GIMP). Thanks for your offer, though.
Just wanted to ask back before using it and eventually receiving a community guideline strike for TOS violation.

Reactions: King Munch

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
youtube.com/yt/about/brand-resources/#logos-icons-colors

:)
Thanks a lot!
If I understand the linked resource correctly I may use the YT subscribe button as a graphical element after applying for its use and being confirmed of its allowance.[DOUBLEPOST=1524647776,1524576485][/DOUBLEPOST]I've filled and sent that formal application form to Youtube and still got no reply from them. Not yet sure whether I'm allowed to use that graphical element. Guess I'll let some more time pass on this one. Will change the branding of my channel sometime soon, though.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks a lot!
If I understand the linked resource correctly I may use the YT subscribe button as a graphical element after applying for its use and being confirmed of its allowance.[DOUBLEPOST=1524647776,1524576485][/DOUBLEPOST]I've filled and sent that formal application form to Youtube and still got no reply from them. Not yet sure whether I'm allowed to use that graphical element. Guess I'll let some more time pass on this one. Will change the branding of my channel sometime soon, though.
Yes that should be fine, I've seen one or two people just use a normal subscribe button (I might even have done that on my tech channel, don't remember) but you could maybe make your own version of it to stand out a bit :).