Box for Box not as useful a before?

Jordan Fountain

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Do you think Box for Boxing is a good promotion technique anymore? Before in the old youtube, if somebody subscribed to a channel, they got checked to sub all their boxed channels and you had to uncheck them all. I used to contact a bunch of channels and beg to be put in their box. But now they don't checkbox, which I kinda like but idk.

Think its worth the trouble? Or should I just put channels that I actually like in my box?

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I only put people that I enjoy in my box. But, I guess I see how it could be a good promotional tool.

Jordan Fountain

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
cool, I alway wondered if the big YouTubers make deals on boxing each other. If they pay each other to be in each other video or if they just do it for fun and box who they like

Werewilf

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
cool, I alway wondered if the big YouTubers make deals on boxing each other. If they pay each other to be in each other video or if they just do it for fun and box who they like
I don't know if you know Jacksfilms, but he said that he doesn't get paid to be in anyone's videos and vice versa. I assume the same goes for boxing

Reactions: Jordan Fountain

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would do box for box if I was you, its a good promotional extra on YouTube. I would of course only box with people where you like their content, I wouldn't box the bigger partners personally, I think they have enough promotion already and someone else who needs the promotion more could be more deserving, it's not like the bigger partners would be doing you any favours themselves or helping you out.

Jordan Fountain

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I would do box for box if I was you, its a good promotional extra on YouTube. I would of course only box with people where you like their content, I wouldn't box the bigger partners personally, I think they have enough promotion already and someone else who needs the promotion more could be more deserving, it's not like the bigger partners would be doing you any favours themselves or helping you out.
that makes sense.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I box for box and it does help out quite a bit. One thing that I had to pay attention to was not having people in my box that are not active on youtube. Which kinda defeats the purpose of them being there.