Boosting post on Facebook page, does it worth it?

Invisible

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just made myself a Facebook page to try to drive traffic to my content because my channel is doing worst than it used to, not that I was where I wanted to be, though. That said, I'm looking for ways to make things better, I was wondering if you did it, or not, and why. It'd be very appreciated.
If you promote Youtube videos on Facebook (not native Facebook videos) then probably would be more use if you spend those money on Youtube paid promotions using AdSense. If you expect Facebook Ads to be better for promotion because people will share your video and it will become widely spread on many profiles even after paid promotion is stopped - i personally do not think so - all my promoted posts (youtube videos, then later native facebook videos) were receiving likes and shares only when they were paid to promote, and as soon as i stopped paid promotions - the activity stopped completely. That probably means that those likes and shares on those posts which suppose to give a little bit continuous attention even when the promotion stopped, but its not happened to me personally - i do not promote anymore posts on Facebook as i find its not going the logical way (when you get 100 shares and 1000 likes on the single post - the post should still get attention even after promotion is stopped because when trying to think logically - it should appear on peoples timelines when people shared post within paid promotions time and should keep giving at least a bit of activity later, but thats not happened).

From my practice i can say expect to get some attention on the posts only when they are promoted but not later... P.S. this way might be set by FB on purpose....

Last edited:
Reactions: WesmyGaming

Scottnra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I made a FB page for my channel mainly to broaden my footprint, and found that I am spending more energy driving to FB from my YT vids than the other way around. I did a boost one time for $5 to see if I could get just a couple more affiliate sales to meet the next % Threshold for Amazon. I exceeded the threshold and that gave me almost $100 boost in commission for that month and set a record but it was only a handful of extra views (maybe 20~) So was it worth it? For me in that case, yes. Who wouldn't trade $5 for $100? haha. But for generally driving views, I'd say definitely not. Revenue gained by it on YT was probably pennies at best.

Reactions: WesmyGaming

WesmyGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you promote Youtube videos on Facebook (not native Facebook videos) then probably would be more use if you spend those money on Youtube paid promotions using AdSense. If you expect Facebook Ads to be better for promotion because people will share your video and it will become widely spread on many profiles even after paid promotion is stopped - i personally do not think so - all my promoted posts (youtube videos, then later native facebook videos) were receiving likes and shares only when they were paid to promote, and as soon as i stopped paid promotions - the activity stopped completely. That probably means that those likes and shares on those posts which suppose to give a little bit continuous attention even when the promotion stopped, but its not happened to me personally - i do not promote anymore posts on Facebook as i find its not going the logical way (when you get 100 shares and 1000 likes on the single post - the post should still get attention even after promotion is stopped because when trying to think logically - it should appear on peoples timelines when people shared post within paid promotions time and should keep giving at least a bit of activity later, but thats not happened).

From my practice i can say expect to get some attention on the posts only when they are promoted but not later... P.S. this way might be set by FB on purpose....
I see, thanks for replying[DOUBLEPOST=1484535772,1484535687][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well I made a FB page for my channel mainly to broaden my footprint, and found that I am spending more energy driving to FB from my YT vids than the other way around. I did a boost one time for $5 to see if I could get just a couple more affiliate sales to meet the next % Threshold for Amazon. I exceeded the threshold and that gave me almost $100 boost in commission for that month and set a record but it was only a handful of extra views (maybe 20~) So was it worth it? For me in that case, yes. Who wouldn't trade $5 for $100? haha. But for generally driving views, I'd say definitely not. Revenue gained by it on YT was probably pennies at best.
Got it, thanks for sharing