Bogus Strike

Guphanti

Reaction score
Hi,
About a month ago I had 2 videos removed and received 1 community guidelines strike (my first) on my account. The strike turned out to be for adding tags to my description. For the longest time on YouTube, every other video you saw had paragraphs of tags added to the description. Apparently there is a rule against this hidden at the bottom of a terms of service page about accounts. I didn't even know about this and would have removed them immediately if I was warned. I contacted YouTube and after a while of convincing, they reinstated one of the videos that was doing really well. I don't care about the other video, but the strike is what's killing me. I lost some of my account features, and quite frankly, it's bogus. There are people doing all sorts of illegal things on YouTube, and they go after me for putting too many tags. Is there anyone at YouTube that I can contact that will hear me out?

Thanks

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
It's unfortunate but adding tags to the description is agiants the terms, to me I thought it was quite clear. It does suck how some people haven't been caught yet but there are many out there who have and there's nothing you can really do about it, if the terms are broken they are broken and you get a strike. I don't think contacting anyone in the youtube staff will help anything, you're not supposed to put tags in the description and that's that, you'll need to wait until the strike times out and you get the features back :)

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Well it's against their ToS, you broke the ToS, therefor they have every right to remove your videos and give you a strike for it. Rules are there for a reason, and just because other's do it doesn't make it okay to do.

Sorry bud, but there's nothing anyone can do. You got issued the strike, and you'll have to deal with that.

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
MrTechnicalDifficult got his main account banned for this, so yes, they are serious and it's not a bogus strike, lik @KGATV said, you broke their TOS.

Bibek

A Gamer From India - Ha Ha
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Even machinima use them.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
wait.... this makes no sense.... so using tags is against the TOS.... but they give you the option to use tags? whaaat?

I thought only fake tags were against TOS, for example, tagging Miley Cyrus even though the video has nothing to do with her, but using tags in general? dafuuuuuq???

JohnnyFox

STAY SMOKEY PEOPLE!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
wait.... this makes no sense.... so using tags is against the TOS.... but they give you the option to use tags? whaaat?

I thought only fake tags were against TOS, for example, tagging Miley Cyrus even though the video has nothing to do with her, but using tags in general? dafuuuuuq???
No it's not. Using tags like if you were to go to the bottom of your description section and have it look like:

"Hey guys watch my video

IGNORE THESE: JUSTIN BIEBER MILEY CYRUS WALT DISNEY WALKING DEAD CALL OF DUTY BATTLEFIELD NIRVANA SLIPKNOT MEGADETH... ect. stuff that is irrelevent and it's against terms of service to add the long string of tags to try and abuse the SEO system.