Blurring numberplates?

BobbyKryptonite

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hi everyone

I have recently branched out into automotive videos, and I don't want to show my number place (license plate) in my videos, until now I have been avoiding showing the car from an angle that reveals the plate (which makes for awful camera work and poor production quality) or taping a piece of scrap cardboard over the plate for the duration of the shoot. Can anyone recommend an editing package that doesn't cost too much (my max spend on software is £50 atm) that would allow me to blur out number plates.

Thanks in advance :)

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive always shown my plates without any issue. But I have seen others that create numberplates / channel related.
On eBay you can buy 'show plates' Will cost you £10ish and you can have your channel name on them? Fit some hooks/whatever and fit them every time you create a video.

Reactions: Farley Productions

NickDodd

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Other
I use tools built into Adobe Premiere Pro to add a blur shape then track it to the part of my video that has the plates showing. Takes a minute or two to implement....maybe more if you need to key frame the tracking movement.

nickdodd.ca | NickDoddTV | twitter | instagram | YouTube

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
but, people can still see your plate when you drive around?
anyway, all our videos have plates in them and we don't care, but sometimes for various reasons (like if we are videoing in a place we shouldn't be) I will blur them or replace them with a fake plate.
I use the Auto-Tracker Perspective plugin from Pixel Film Studios, which is only $29 .. but, it only works with Final Cut Pro..

Randy McKown

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
Ive never understood why people blur plates or hold a thumb up to block them in photos before selling ... hundreds of thousands of people can read my plates while Im driving around town ... i dont think theres a secret there

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Randy McKown

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer, Other
Ive never understood why people blur plates or hold a thumb up to block them in photos before selling ... hundreds of thousands of people can read my plates while Im driving around town ... i dont think theres a secret there

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk