Blue Yeti with no Pop Filter?

Wrice4

Tweet me @Wrice4
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
A pop filter is realy just for people that do not know how to speak correctly in the microphone. Plus, you should never speak directly into a microphone, you should always speak past it. With that being said, I do own a pop filter, but it is not needed at all.

@Tarmack has created an oustanding microphone help thread you should take a look at. I believe it is a sticky now.

maddog448

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a blue yeti and I personally don't use a pop filter, the reason being so is because I sit about a foot away from my mic and at that distance there is no need for a pop filter. Now given that if you are sitting closer than say six (6) inches away from your mic you might want to get one.

It's not something that you need to get with any mic really, but if your worried about your audio sounding bad than why not. After all it's only about $10-$15 to pick one up.

Hope this helps!

Anony Mouse

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Pop filter is to prevent "p" sounds from clipping.
Personally, if you can't find or buy one, just put a sock over the mike.:D
Dude, one time i put some toilet paper over my blue yeti to see if that would work... it did.... lol. There are cheap ways. I wouldn't use toilet paper, but i'm just saying.