Blue Yeti with no Pop Filter?

Chrisicut

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Hey!

I was thinking about purchasing a Blue Yeti microphone to start my gaming channel. I don't mind the price so that's not an issue, but how about a pop filter? Does the Blue Yeti microphone require a pop filter for better voice?

Thanks!

konisbored

YTtalk's Anti-Boredom Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey!

I was thinking about purchasing a Blue Yeti microphone to start my gaming channel. I don't mind the price so that's not an issue, but how about a pop filter? Does the Blue Yeti microphone require a pop filter for better voice?

Thanks!
Pop filter is to prevent "p" sounds from clipping.
Personally, if you can't find or buy one, just put a sock over the mike.:D

OzTalksHw

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Commentator, Reviewer
Yeah a pop filter is recommend, and they're under 15 USD.

BetterCallPaul_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would disagree with it begin a necessity! It is a very nice add-on to your set up but by no means the most important thing! The blue yeti in itself is a very good mic.

Reactions: Gamer Dad

Pramesh RK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hey!

Thanks!
Pop filter won't be needed with Blue Yeti, just maintain a good distance between you and the mic.

Reactions: goblin123

Davis Fang

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger
I've got a blue yeti, and while a pop filter would be a good addition, it isn't strictly necessary as it is a fairly good microphone to begin with. A prop filter would be a nice investment though :D

ProfKranc

Voice actor and Film-maker here to help :-D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
in reply to your pop filter question, keep a good distance away from the mic and you should be fine. But the pop filter is also there to stop those wind sounds coming from you breath near the mic. If you use a wire hanger and a sock or some tights they can sometimes make a good pop filter :)

But you know, I get professional sounding sound from my microphone and its just a rockband mic attached with a mic stand to eliminate shake. Nearly any mic can sound good with some good audio editing in audacity.

Use Compression, Equalisation, Noise Removal and sometimes Dynamics Processor and your laptop mic could sound good :-D
Example of me using this combination on when doing a request for someone as a voice over:

TheRadishBros

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a Yeti with no filter, and it works great

Chrisicut

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Wow, thanks for all of the replies!

Since pop filters are fairly cheap I guess I'll purchase one. It will just be awkward explaining to my family why I need a pop filter. :p