Blue Yeti Issues

A+Start

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Already invested in a blue yeti and I cant tell if trying to sneak a channel promtion in there ;)
Oh jeez, I Really didn't mean it like that haha usually if I wanna know how good a mic is I watch stuff on YouTube to hear for myself. Whoops. But anyway, hope you get the audio quality you want with the yeti :)

Marcus Wahl

Reaction score
I just wanted to say I really appreciate your comments and feedback for this problem. I am considering buying a new usb cord. I notice with mine that when I turn the volume down I hear less of this helicopter noise. I attribute this to a loose connection with the usb cord. thanks!

Illuminated Nerd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I just wanted to say I really appreciate your comments and feedback for this problem. I am considering buying a new usb cord. I notice with mine that when I turn the volume down I hear less of this helicopter noise. I attribute this to a loose connection with the usb cord. thanks!
helicopter noise? Do you mean a buzzing noise (like feedback)? I find my blue yeti is insanely sensitive :)

Anyway I was having a *lot* of buzzing/feedback until I lowered the input of my "mic level" in my windows settings. So basically I right-clicked on my speaker in my systray, then "recording devices", then found my yeti in the list, then properties. Then the "Levels" Tab. I turned it down to 30% from 100%. I then turned up my gain on my yeti a little to compensate. Perfect sound quality without any buzzing, and it stopped picking up any major ambient sound (like my neighbor sneezing).

Hope that helps if that was your issue, or anyone else with a condenser mic with that issue. :)