Blue Yeti Issues

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If anyone has a blue yeti or knows about them can you assist me I bought a blue yeti about 2+ months ago after I started my channel and I was recording some Portal 2 with no problems and now about 4 hours later I turn my computer on stick the wires in on the blue yeti like usual and the red light doesn't turn on then I jiggle the wire and it turns on BUT it's not recognized by my computer nor my recording software i'm so frustrated right now and you would be too if you payed the price for these things but basically i'm seeing if people think its just busted or something else happened i'm not 100% what happened too it either since its been working fine for awhile now

unknown_user094590385084

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The same kind of thing happened to me with my blue yeti. It worked for a while but then it started to not connect to the computer. I ended up buying a replacement USB cord from amazon and now it's been working 100% fine ever since! I think the cords that come with the blue yetis are just really bad quality and break easily.

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The same kind of thing happened to me with my blue yeti. It worked for a while but then it started to not connect to the computer. I ended up buying a replacement USB cord from amazon and now it's been working 100% fine ever since! I think the cords that come with the blue yetis are just really bad quality and break easily.
Could you possibly link te usb cord you bought because that sounds about right

unknown_user094590385084

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Could you possibly link te usb cord you bought because that sounds about right
Here is the cord:
amazon(dot)com/Cables-Go-27005-Mini-B-Cable/dp/B000067RVL/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronic&ie=UTF8&qid=1302633838&sr=1-2

It's just a basic USB 2.0 A to mini-B cable. Enjoy! :D
Just replace the (dot) with a period .

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Here is the cord:
amazon(dot)com/Cables-Go-27005-Mini-B-Cable/dp/B000067RVL/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronic&ie=UTF8&qid=1302633838&sr=1-2

It's just a basic USB 2.0 A to mini-B cable. Enjoy! :D
Just replace the (dot) with a period .
Thanks go figure buying a item and end up forking out more for it

unknown_user094590385084

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks go figure buying a item and end up forking out more for it
I know right! I was getting so mad. I got it for Christmas as a gift and I didn't have a receipt to return it anywhere so I was getting really upset. Fortunately it was only the cord. It's a great microphone, but seriously why can't they package a good working cord with it? Where's the common sense here??

Proxima

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It could be the cord or it could be the port on the microphone itself, or even the usb port.
I tend to keep the blue yeti permanently plugged into my PC as I have found from experience that excessive plugging in and out of the cable can lead to the, not the strongest, usb port (or earphone port for that matter :/) breaking.

If it's a case of wobbling the cable around that fixes it then it's one of two things: Loose connection in the cable (buy a new cable), broken USB port on blue yeti (in which case get in touch with them and get a replacement on warranty, if no warranty then I am truly sorry).

Take it from an IT technician who has used to blue yeti for over a year ;P

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It could be the cord or it could be the port on the microphone itself, or even the usb port.
I tend to keep the blue yeti permanently plugged into my PC as I have found from experience that excessive plugging in and out of the cable can lead to the, not the strongest, usb port (or earphone port for that matter :/) breaking.

If it's a case of wobbling the cable around that fixes it then it's one of two things: Loose connection in the cable (buy a new cable), broken USB port on blue yeti (in which case get in touch with them and get a replacement on warranty, if no warranty then I am truly sorry).

Take it from an IT technician who has used to blue yeti for over a year ;P
here's the issue with that though my computer for some reason stays on even after I turn it off which means all cords connecting to is still receive power so the blue yeti would stay on constantly if I kept it plugged in so all I basically do is keep one end in the computer and the other end out of the blue yeti then carefully plug it in in the morning so it's not constantly running I mean I do turn my equipment off when i'm going to sleep but still that's like a extra 4 hours of technical "use" that's just sitting there[DOUBLEPOST=1370096612,1370096377][/DOUBLEPOST]
I know right! I was getting so mad. I got it for Christmas as a gift and I didn't have a receipt to return it anywhere so I was getting really upset. Fortunately it was only the cord. It's a great microphone, but seriously why can't they package a good working cord with it? Where's the common sense here??
sounds about right I got it for Christmas too to start recording but at this point it's been used for like 2+ months and I can't return it and It actually come at a worse time then this so I don't really have time to wait for a new cord xD nor do I have the money for it haha it's in perfect condition so might swap ;P but the common sense is EXACTLY that let them buy our product and later down the road make them pay more by having to either buy a new yeti if they don't know whats wrong with it OR buy a new usb cord for it.

A+Start

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Get yourself a Rode podcaster! They are affordable and a really great mic, really professional sound. We use one and would never go back to anything else. Check out our videos and you'll see what I mean!

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Get yourself a Rode podcaster! They are affordable and a really great mic, really professional sound. We use one and would never go back to anything else. Check out our videos and you'll see what I mean!
Already invested in a blue yeti and I cant tell if trying to sneak a channel promtion in there ;)