Blue Snowball and Win7 being a b*tch

Shlanga

Reaction score
Hey,

I turn on my PC today, and my Blue Snowball is not recognized anymore. I unplugged it and plugged in again, Windows tried to install it and FAILED. It doesn't say why, just "Failed".

I've downloaded all the latest updates, manually checked for updates -- nothing is there, and nothing helped. I downloaded Realtek, and IDT drivers, didn't do anything either. And as we know, there are no drivers on manufacturer's website, nor there is a CD for it. It usually works without a single problem on everyone's PC, and it did so on mine until today.

Any ideas guys? Thanks!

Reactions: xandru8

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ok look this is what i think:
- if you have vista then ... throw it out lol ... no jk
- a trick i regularly use on the vista laptop is turn it back in time from the accesories folder, turn it about 2 days before this happned
- then i would suggest ... (its a bit big but well) ... try to uninstall all sound so that when you install it again it would be like the first time instaling it
- btw i forgot to ask ya got XP, W7 or what ?

Shlanga

Reaction score
Hey,

I turn on my PC today, and my Blue Snowball is not recognized anymore. I unplugged it and plugged in again, Windows tried to install it and FAILED. It doesn't say why, just "Failed".

I've downloaded all the latest updates, manually checked for updates -- nothing is there, and nothing helped. I downloaded Realtek, and IDT drivers, didn't do anything either. And as we know, there are no drivers on manufacturer's website, nor there is a CD for it. It usually works without a single problem on everyone's PC, and it did so on mine until today.

Any ideas guys? Thanks!
Windows 7 of course.

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
hmm ... then try to get it back in time and then uninstall the sound driver ... ita a bit more barbarick but hey it helped me ... now i`m not 100% sure its gona work for you but hey this is the only information i have ... and if everithing fails have you tried contacting the suport on he oficial web page of the blue snowball ?

Shlanga

Reaction score
Ok, I've spent half a day today tried EVERYTHING. I've just disconnected it again, and plugged in again and it appeared (even though I've done this million times already). What the f**k happened? Anyone has any idea? Because I have a feeling this will happen again.

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i think theres just a short with the drivers ... that youre pc doesen`t recognize it ... it happneds a lot to me with the mouse, but my problem is the usb conection ... so ... i dunno man, still i suggest you get in contact with the assitants from the product and see if they have an update or a patch or something, good luck mate

TickledBunny09090

I've Got It
Reaction score
I had a similar problem with the Snowball that I ordered. Try plugging it into another computer on a different operating system (XP, Vista, etc), and if it does the same thing, return it and get a different microphone. I couldn't get my Snowball to work on any OS, returned it, and got a Samson C01U instead.

xandru8

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i`ve heard as well that the snowball gives some problems but never thought about it i just use a standard microphone untill i get some money and get a profesional corist microphone :D

Reactions: SatchmoPLAY

flub

Reaction score
I had this problem when I was setting up my snowball, and this is my advice! :D
1... If you have a laptop, then make sure that the s****y in-comp mic is disabled!
2... If that dosent work then try uninstalling all the snowball content and reinstalling it!
3... Maybe you unplugged the usb cord in upsidedown (the side that plugs into the mic)?? ik its stupid, but its happend to me before
4... maybe just mess around in the soundboard thingy until it works?...Idk just what I did, hope it works out for you :D