Blocking videos because of copyright problems taken to the extreme

Dinky

Reaction score
Hi all,

In my view the way YouTube handles copyright is over the top. E.g. take the following situation: I am taking some shots in the street and in the background there is some music playing. When I post such a video on YouTube, it will most likely block it from playing on mobile devices because of copyright infringement. This is, of course, a totally different situation compared to me adding a sound track to the video containing copyrighted music. Actually YouTubes philosophy prevents me from publishing video's of ordinary events happening at home or on the street where any kind of music is playing in the background, even if these videos are private.

I am curious what you guys think about this

SlenderMan

I'M WATCHING YOU
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Other
Content ID system is too advance on Youtube apparently ... even if it's private, they will keep claim your video. They don't care about privacy, as long is in youtube, they do their job

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's not YouTube - it's the copyright holder who requests the block. I usually mute the original sound and add stock audio instead.

Reactions: markkaz

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
YouTube has to make these decisions for legal reasons; not because they enjoy it.