Black flashing circle in upper-left of videos

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Since yesterday I've been noticing a flashing black circle in the upper-left of all/most videos. It doesnt really seem clickable or have any purpose.
Is anyone else seeing this or have any idea what it is/what it's for?

Reactions: TheVlogTheory

TheVlogTheory

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
YouTube has brought in ads to the top left of videos. On all videos I've watched in full screen there have been clickable circle advertisements (McDonalds, cell phone ads, etc). Your browser or AdBlocker could be blocking it or not showing it correctly.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I dont think that's what this is. I see it on videos listed in my Video Manger (ads never show there) and I even see it on the video in my signature here in the forum, which is not monetized.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Same place, but there is no logo, and like I said, it's showing on non-monetized videos as well.. And.. it only shows when the video is NOT playing - it blinks for about 5 seconds then goes away. Here is a screenshot:

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This circle is flashing for more than a week new. It flashes everywhere, even if your video is embedded on some site.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
This is listed as a bug on Youtube's known issues page:

Persistent icon in the top left of video
00:10 UTC 12 May 2017

Since May 12, 2017, you may be seeing an icon in the top left of a video after an ad plays if you're watching on a computer. You may also continue to see the icon in the next videos you watch. We're aware of this technical issue and working to resolve it.

Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/known-issues/16903

Reactions: The NotARubicon!