Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

    Dismiss Notice

Rules **** BINGE POSTERS WILL BE BANNED ***

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by Crown, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crown
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Administrator
    Messages:
    15,382
    Likes:
    14,927
    Cash:
    $5,924
    Sorry for the caps - but it appears some members didn't think we were serious with the last 3 announcements about this.

    So here we go again:

    Mass-posting / binge posting / spam posting (for whatever reason) in any part of the forum is strictly against the rules.

    It's spam and also an abuse of our cash system.

    Any members caught doing this will be temp-banned (for at least a week). If that member then continues after that temporary ban, they will be banned permanently, their sig removed and all their videos deleted from the videos and channels section.

    Also quoted from the official rules (http://yttalk.com/threads/yttalk-rules-quick-and-easy-to-read.127266/):

    • Making posts to farm YTtalk cash is not permitted and is strictly monitored.

    • Excessive posting in order to gain attention/boost your visibility, farm YTtalk cash, or any other reason deemed disrespectful or unfair to the community members will result in a warning and most likely account suspension.


    Use your common sense as to what constitutes mass-posting. If you are using the forums normally (like you would in any other forum where you have nothing to promote), then you have absolutely nothing to worry about. 95% of members are awesome and make awesome posts and I'd like to thank you for that. :) It's the other 5% who are spoiling it for everyone else.

    I'm not going to put a number on it because then people will just try to get around it. But let's just say, the staff have temp-banned several people this week who posted 20+ very short (and valueless) posts in the space of a few hours. It's quality, not quantity that counts. We want normal discussions here, not 60 character sentences full of nonsense from 3 month old threads.

    If you want VIP, then you'll need to earn it with proper detailed posts spread out over several days.

    If you're new, I understand you're excited and enthusiastic, but YouTube is a marathon, not a sprint. So take a deep breath, browse the forums, do a lot of reading, make some posts, but the forum will still be here tomorrow so take your time and don't flood the forums please. :)

    There are also pinned reminders about this in the introductions and milestones forum (where people seemed to do this the most) but to be crystal clear, binge posting anywhere in the forum is not allowed.

    Staff members (myself, @Riddikore and @KatyAdelson ) are very experienced and we have automated tools that help us with this. We know what members are doing and why. We've seen it all before.

    Moderators will use their discretion as to what action needs to be taken on a case by case basis and they have my full support on this matter. We are extremely fair and we don't like banning people but we will continue to do so until this stops. We have a zero tolerance on this matter.

    If you see a member who seems to be doing this, please report them by using the "report" button below one of their posts. All reports are private and we never reveal who made them.

    Thank you for reading.

    Crown
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page