Bilingual Channel

DoppioZero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you think about having a bilingual channel? I've already find something about it, even here on yttalk, but... I mean, do u think that is still a bad idea if I put subs Eng to 2ndLang and even 2ndLang to Eng?

I would like to open a gaming channel, but i don't know if would be better 1 for all or 1 per language. What do you think?

Natalie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I personally love hearing different languages and learning languages. I am subscribed to many bilingual channels, and to be honest... the fact that they were bilingual was probably the biggest reason I subscribed to them. So to the right people, it could definitely work.
What languages are you planning to do you gaming videos in?

I was thinking of making a bilingual channel myself, but mostly for my own self-practice... as I don't think any of my second languages are good enough to reel in others.

Reactions: Sibernethy

DoppioZero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, I'm Italian, so i will do italian vids too. Because in the YouTube Italian's community a very small group of ppl can understand english vids, but i want even an Italian fanbase.

For this reason i'm thinking to open one biling channel, with subs, so anyone (english ppl who don't understand italian and vice versa) could watch my videos.

But I've read tons of comment where ppl advise against this practice (but dunno if they even do with subs too)

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
What do you think about having a bilingual channel? I've already find something about it, even here on yttalk, but... I mean, do u think that is still a bad idea if I put subs Eng to 2ndLang and even 2ndLang to Eng?

I would like to open a gaming channel, but i don't know if would be better 1 for all or 1 per language. What do you think?
1 per language mean that you mist have 2 different channel? Is it correct? [emoji848]

DoppioZero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
1 per language mean that you mist have 2 different channel? Is it correct? [emoji848]
Yup, i don't know if open one bilingual or 2 different channel: one in english and one in italian

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yup, i don't know if open one bilingual or 2 different channel: one in english and one in italian
Well... If you have a lot of free times, or you have a team, maybe 2 different channels is a great idea. But if not, 1 bilingual channel is enough. Managing 2 channel without team will make you tired [emoji847] this is just my opinion, you can ignore it... Anyway, i wish your channel will growth fast and getting better and better... Glad to see you dude!!

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Go for it! I mean, there are enough gaming channels with only 1 language, so be different. That can set you apart from all the other gaming channels and there might be people who are very much into your type of channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fox Beat

DoppioZero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well... If you have a lot of free times, or you have a team, maybe 2 different channels is a great idea. But if not, 1 bilingual channel is enough. Managing 2 channel without team will make you tired [emoji847] this is just my opinion, you can ignore it... Anyway, i wish your channel will growth fast and getting better and better... Glad to see you dude!!
Go for it! I mean, there are enough gaming channels with only 1 language, so be different. That can set you apart from all the other gaming channels and there might be people who are very much into your type of channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yo! Thanks so much guys :') You r spurring me soooo much even if you don't know me, ty ! I think i'll manage only one for now... I'll see in the future if something has to be changed :) Rly rly rly thank you :') Grazie mille a tutti :D

Reactions: Malousak

Natalie

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Oh nice, Italian! Even if it weren't for the Italian community, there's quite a sizeable amount of people who learn Italian or are interested in learning Italian. Subtitles would be great, so even if people don't understand the language, they can still know what you are saying. I wouldn't worry too much about the people who get bothered by that, because you're not going to please everyone. Just be yourself and your target audience will come eventually.

Perhaps you can alternate languages, like do every odd video in Italian with English subs and do every even video in English with Italian subs. I would definitely watch a channel like that, especially if that was a language I was learning or interested in learning in the future.

Just make sure to put them in separate playlists.

Last edited:

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Welcome, fellow connational!
I moved onto an english only channel because I wanted to fully part ways to the Italian YT community, but when it's necessary I do subtitle parts in italian, and subtitling is a perfectly viable option. The only rule of thumb may be to not mix the two languages too much. Keep a main english line and a main italian line, and stick to them language wise.