Biggest YouTubers on YTTalk

Reaction score
That's a fine model indeed. For me, I wouldn't want to rely on a big subscriber base expecting me to upload videos regularly. I'd feel chained to subscribers and advertisers expectations and having to produce daily content, or at least a few a week. But no doubt your model does have more control... more responsibility, but more control. I want to spend a couple months in Bora Bora and no one would even know. Then head off to Australia and Iceland for a few weeks after that. We were home for one week this whole summer, school started today for my boys, just dropped them off. There's no way I could have that lifestyle with a big subscriber-based model. But I am more at the mercy of the future of YouTube and suggested videos, etc. But I create content enough people like to watch to bring in views so I feel confident if something new comes along. I'm not anti-subscriber, I don't turn subscribers away, ha ha!, maybe on this journey I'll also have a few niches that brings in subscribers to get views on the front and back ends. I'm a believer in having multiple channels even if one or two are your main focus. The future is exciting with YouTube, that's for sure!

TinHatRanch

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yo
That's a fine model indeed. For me, I wouldn't want to rely on a big subscriber base expecting me to upload videos regularly. I'd feel chained to subscribers and advertisers expectations and having to produce daily content, or at least a few a week. But no doubt your model does have more control... more responsibility, but more control. I want to spend a couple months in Bora Bora and no one would even know. Then head off to Australia and Iceland for a few weeks after that. We were home for one week this whole summer, school started today for my boys, just dropped them off. There's no way I could have that lifestyle with a big subscriber-based model. But I am more at the mercy of the future of YouTube and suggested videos, etc. But I create content enough people like to watch to bring in views so I feel confident if something new comes along. I'm not anti-subscriber, I don't turn subscribers away, ha ha!, maybe on this journey I'll also have a few niches that brings in subscribers to get views on the front and back ends. I'm a believer in having multiple channels even if one or two are your main focus. The future is exciting with YouTube, that's for sure!
You've raised some very interesting points. It's tough for some of us smaller guys to continue when we put more into the channel than we get out. Maybe a second "revenue only" channel is in order. I think lots of YouTubers might not understand that statement. The vision for my channel costs LOTS of money. From my perspective YT gives folks like me the opportunity to create the content I would want to watch. When I was young it was NBC, ABC, and CBS. Both the technology and chance to create a show of your own did not exist. Now anyone can do it...with enough money. I think I have ideas that folks would want to watch but I am at the moment stuck behind a $150 camera and I am using every possible trick to make that $150 camera act like a camera that costs 50 times more. I could do so much more with an effects guy and professional sound. I need to bridge that gap. Your concept is very interesting.

melrose

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger
Hi there! I was sent to this post from a fellow yttalk-er :)

My channel is Mel Rose (MakeupbyMel) and I currently have 170,672 subscribers. I hope to be added to this fun list :oops:

Thank you!!

Reactions: markkaz

ExperimentalHDX

United we stand. Divided we fall.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Designer, Animator, Other
Hi there! I was sent to this post from a fellow yttalk-er :)

My channel is Mel Rose (MakeupbyMel) and I currently have 170,672 subscribers. I hope to be added to this fun list :oops:

Thank you!!
And 24 million views... You're famous! xD

SlayZombi

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Well you can mention mine! ;) lol. I only have about 100 subs but my content is really good so if people knew more about me. It would really help me if you could though. Make my day. Hahahaaha

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
I have 0 subscribers. I think I deserved first place on this list. Nyahahahaha~

OliverAge24

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Cartoonist, Animator
I've got 75,862 subscribers :D

Reactions: markkaz