BIGGEST MISTAKE I MADE AS A SMALL CHANNEL

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So, my AdSense account has been suspended for 30 days for invalid activity. To be clear, I have been clicking my OWN ADS without knowing that's against the policy! I have promoted my channel on my social medias, so my friends and family are probably trying to "support" me by clicking ads but in reality, it's hurting my channel and potentially banning me from having anymore ads shown on my videos.

I don't know if you guys know that but I just want to warn the new channels that are doing this. YouTube tracks the clicks on the ads, if it is not genuine interest, they have the right to shut down your monetization option! This is my mistake and I will have to learn from it. Thanks for reading. Hope your channel all the best.

Reactions: markkaz

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lol obviously clicking on your own ads is not allowed wtf hahahahahahaha

Pluralize Entertainment

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
RIP, if your account gets disabled you will never for the rest of your life be able to monetize videos on YouTube through AdSense.
They take this kind of stuff VERY seriously

winson yuen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Forgive me guys, I am new as a YouTube publisher.. any other tips for me that you guys can tell me to avoid having my channel disabled or banned?

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You're fortunate to only be suspended for 30 days. Imagine if it had been permanent...[DOUBLEPOST=1473831967,1473828007][/DOUBLEPOST]
Forgive me guys, I am new as a YouTube publisher.. any other tips for me that you guys can tell me to avoid having my channel disabled or banned?
1) Let the ads do the talking. Basically the viewers decide on whether to click on them or not.

2) Never steal other YTers videos. That equals a copyright and if more severe, a channel ban.

3) Don't be spammy. Post constructive comments on other videos, and include the video or channel link only when necessary to avoid being reported as a spammer.

4) Along with point 2, use musics free from copyright. There are many artists providing free tracks but some might come with a catch. Be observant.

5) Avoid controversial contents. With YT's recent stance against violence, crude and disturbing videos, don't try your luck. Else your account monetization gets disabled and in worst case scenario, a ban.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Reactions: winson yuen